Chris Martin

Idiakez

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

Two people on Twitter saying they've heard that Chris Martin has handed in a transfer request following a fall out with Shackell.

I hope this isn't true. I know Twitter isn't a reliable source, but this rumour may actually explain a few things. Martin has a lot of mates in the Derby squad, they'll all be down if they know he's likely to be going.

Hendrick yesterday, Martin today, Hughes tomorrow

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

That's fine then. I'm just putting on what I've heard, I'm not putting a gun to your head forcing you to believe it.

If you told me it was going to snow I'd get the factor 15 out.

2 hours ago, LesterRam said:

its genuine #ITK, I shall update you when I know more...

disclaimer : If Chris goes to Norwich in this or the next transfer window I shall look even more foolish than the "player power thread", oh shut up I didn't read the link ok :ph34r:

I was only joking and it would have nothing to do with me.:)

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

What martin or hendrick? I've only heard about hendrick

Martin. Not about the Shackell fallout, I doubt that would make someone want to leave a club as it's unique that a squad of 25 players all get along with each other - there's always groups/divides.

No transfer request has been handed in. Just been told that this minute.

But, all isn't too well at present but there doens't appear to be too many takers willing to spend what Derby would deem a suitable price for him. 

One of those situations where a PL club won't take a gamble, and only a handful of Championship clubs would spend say £4m on a new striker.

Problem is, Martin isn't the Andre Gray, Dwight Gayle or Jordan Rhodes type whose price will only increase due to age, potential and style. Martin will have a fixed price, and his price will only decrease as he gets older.

Martin is very much only a short-term option for most teams. And not many have the cash or are in a position to pay much money for a short-term option.

45 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Or the Masonic ones....funny handshakes can do strange things....I've said too much....

Do they look just like the Wanchopic ones?

Archived