Chris Martin

Idiakez

Martin can do no wrong for me at the minute. I was wondering if he'd got smacked bott syndrome a couple of weeks ago, he didn't look totally happy about something to me but Sunday gave me a huge lift.

His first goal, well it was just exquisite but his second was like, well I could get clattered here but I'm havin' it, he's like a cross between John O'Hare and Teddy Sherringham to me, brave and quick thinking.

If he goes and we go up I'd be disappointed, if he goes and we don't go up, no hard feelings, he's only got what, six years to set himself up for life but let's hope all this talk of Sunderland is just a load of.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I vouch for HITC, they are extremely reliable. 

But this is just 'interest' so there is nothing to worry about. Could be genuine interest, could be a passing interest, could just be agents strirring things up.

I'm sure Allardyce tinks Martin is a good player, but he has Fletcher there who is more his style and better in the air.

Until any enquiries or offers are made, such 'interest' really isn't worth fretting over.

What about the bit about Derby in talks with him and only having 18 months left? 

I missed that part, I just skimmed over it - I've just asked him about it now so will get back when I hear something.

Wouldn't be surprised if we are looking to offer one of our biggest assets a new deal, maybe looked to see when his contract was up and the 18 month thing was from a website that's not been updated.

He's not a striker that rely's on pace, the kind that can easily go on to play until 34/35, new deal another year added on with improved wages, trying to keep him happy so when clubs do come looking. 

Wouldn't be surprised if we are looking to offer one of our biggest assets a new deal, maybe looked to see when his contract was up and the 18 month thing was from a website that's not been updated.

He's not a striker that rely's on pace, the kind that can easily go on to play until 34/35, new deal another year added on with improved wages, trying to keep him happy so when clubs do come looking. 

It's what I was thinking. I asked him if it's a further extension, but as he only pops on to write transfer stories and we're 12 week away from the next window opening I may not get a reply for a while. 

I love Martin, on his day he's the best CF in the Championship.

As far as first touch, vision and footballing intelligence go - I can't think of any better. 

People like Andre Gray is all pace and power, but the technical side to his game is awful and he's hardly intelligent in his decision making. And how much did he cost? Martin is such a better footballer.

Joking apart, who can flick the ball about with such ease as Chris Martin? I cannot really think of anyone in this country.

He certainly is special. i can't think of any Championship player in that role who is his equal.  Used correctly in his favored manner i think he will have no problems in the PL.  Our most valuable player, the best signing since i don't remember when and well on his way to becoming a legend.

A writer can have knowledge of Sunderland having an interesting in Chris Martin, without having intimate details of his contractual status. 

They obviously haven't got either Google or an internet in Middlesbrough.

Actually, that's probably true.

He certainly is special. i can't think of any Championship player in that role who is his equal.  Used correctly in his favored manner i think he will have no problems in the PL.  Our most valuable player, the best signing since i don't remember when and well on his way to becoming a legend.

Needs to do quite a bit yet. Legends are few and far between - Boulton, Gemmill, McFarland, Todd, Mackay, Hector and George in my lifetime - I wouldn't even automatically include Igor, Shilts, Oooo Mark Wright, Deano, Ted, Robbie van der Laan, Sir Jake and a few other worthy names in that company while sober.

I vouch for HITC, they are extremely reliable. 

But this is just 'interest' so there is nothing to worry about. Could be genuine interest, could be a passing interest, could just be agents strirring things up.

I'm sure Allardyce tinks Martin is a good player, but he has Fletcher there who is more his style and better in the air.

Until any enquiries or offers are made, such 'interest' really isn't worth fretting over.

is he really? Fletcher misses so many easy chances I'd say this isn't anywhere near accurate.

Needs to do quite a bit yet. Legends are few and far between - Boulton, Gemmill, McFarland, Todd, Mackay, Hector and George in my lifetime - I wouldn't even automatically include Igor, Shilts, Oooo Mark Wright, Deano, Ted, Robbie van der Laan, Sir Jake and a few other worthy names in that company while sober.

While i am busy singing "Nobody Does It Better" while counting my chickens, you have to spoil it by talking sense, darnit.

is he really? Fletcher misses so many easy chances I'd say this isn't anywhere near accurate.

Both have four headed goals each over the last two seasons, though Fletcher has played less games and is undoubtedly against better defenders.

Moreover, Sunderland have put in 817 crosses whereas Derby have put in 1,201, giving Martin far more opportunities.

And one last one - Fletcher has won 107 and lost 135 of his aerial duels, whereas Martin has won 102 and lost 133.

I'd give it to Fletch, marginally from a statistical point of view.

Can you guess who has the best win-lose aerial duel ratio in Derby's squad over the past two years? (hint: he has only been playing this season).? Also, can you guess the worst? (hint: This player is no longer with us)

Darren Bent's Win-Lose ratio is 35:65 - just goes to show it really isn't his game.

While i am busy singing "Nobody Does It Better" while counting my chickens, you have to spoil it by talking sense, darnit.

Awarding 'Legend' status is always a personal thing - there are no absolutes, and everyone is never going to agree. For my dad, it was always Leuty, Stamps and Harrison - it took him a long time to include Hector et al in their company. I never thought of Ted McMinn as a 'real' legend - but today I was chatting to a Rangers fan and his wife who are staying at the same hotel as us in Blackpool - and to him he is an absolute worship the ground he walks on legend - and I'm beginning to warm to the idea.

Awarding 'Legend' status is always a personal thing - there are no absolutes, and everyone is never going to agree. For my dad, it was always Leuty, Stamps and Harrison - it took him a long time to include Hector et al in their company. I never thought of Ted McMinn as a 'real' legend - but today I was chatting to a Rangers fan and his wife who are staying at the same hotel as us in Blackpool - and to him he is an absolute worship the ground he walks on legend - and I'm beginning to warm to the idea.

My old man always reckoned Leon Leuty was better than McFarland .Hard to imagine but he did know his football bless him.

Both have four headed goals each over the last two seasons, though Fletcher has played less games and is undoubtedly against better defenders.

Moreover, Sunderland have put in 817 crosses whereas Derby have put in 1,201, giving Martin far more opportunities.

And one last one - Fletcher has won 107 and lost 135 of his aerial duels, whereas Martin has won 102 and lost 133.

I'd give it to Fletch, marginally from a statistical point of view.

Can you guess who has the best win-lose aerial duel ratio in Derby's squad over the past two years? (hint: he has only been playing this season).? Also, can you guess the worst? (hint: This player is no longer with us)

Darren Bent's Win-Lose ratio is 35:65 - just goes to show it really isn't his game.

best Shackell

worst Ward

never refer to McMinn as a legend. He hasn't got one. 

Archived