Chris Martin

Idiakez

CM is a smart guy who demands very high standards from his team mate, which is why he likes the responsibility we give him, so no chance he'd go to a club where everyone in football knows there is a massive drinking culture and he'd have no responsibility. 

I'm not sure that Chris Martin is averse to a bit of the old massive drinking culture himself, so that might be a selling point,

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guy is different gravy and such a talisman for us, such a brilliant player to watch at this level.

Wigan away last year summed up his importance to us and how much of a focal point he is. That stand was buzzing when he was on the touchline ready to be subbed on at HT. You could feel it. It gave every single fan and player the confidence and hope which was lacking for the previous weeks in his absence. Obviously it didn't matter too much in the end come May but I don't think I've ever seen a player have that much effect on a team/fan base as he did that day.

I'll always remember the noise his foot made meeting the ball seconds before he put us one nil up and obviously the carnage that then followed. Chrissy Martin, Derby's number nine.

This guy is different gravy and such a talisman for us, such a brilliant player to watch at this level.

Wigan away last year summed up his importance to us and how much of a focal point he is. That stand was buzzing when he was on the touchline ready to be subbed on at HT. You could feel it. It gave every single fan and player the confidence and hope which was lacking for the previous weeks in his absence. Obviously it didn't matter too much in the end come May but I don't think I've ever seen a player have that much effect on a team/fan base as he did that day.

I'll always remember the noise his foot made meeting the ball seconds before he put us one nil up and obviously the carnage that then followed. Chrissy Martin, Derby's number nine.

I was there that day and my word, the chaos following that first goal was something to behold. He lifted the entire team when he came on.

Some players and clubs just fit and Chrissy Martin and Derby County seem to be one of those matches made in heaven. So long as we're progressing and look likely to be in the Prem next season, I can't see him leaving in January.

His goalscoring record is outstanding so, if we're not challenging by the next window it may be that a struggling Prem team makes an offer, but given he has three years on his contract it would have to be an almighty offer.

The original article with it's duff information on Martin's contract is as well researched as the one claiming we're competing with the gumps to buy a Dundee United midfielder, somehow missing the fact that our impoverished neighbours aren't allowed to buy anybody!

One of my favourite moments from last season. Definitely my favourite away day of the season, Birmingham on Boxing Day aside.

Would you sell Martin for £10m if Prem clubs were interested in January and he handed in a transfer request? I would.

Never say no chance to any player leaving, they hold all the cards these days and if their head gets turned your hands are tied. I guess you can look at the Berahino situation but that could have gone completely the other way, would you risk it?

Don't tell me Martin loves it here, he loves Derby, he will tell the fans what they want to hear at the time. Just like the club he joins next will be a big club, couldn't wait to sign, the fans are amazing, what a great opportunity this is for him.

Sure telling people he's a Derby County legend would be nice but it doesn't put money in the bank, for such a short career you have to load that bank account up as much as possible. Does he have any emotional attachment to the club? I doubt it. How does X amount to sign then double your wages sound with Premier League football right now sound?....

You know each and every single one of you would do the same if you was playing for another club.

Never say no chance, this is football.

Would you sell Martin for £10m if Prem clubs were interested in January and he handed in a transfer request? I would.

Never say no chance to any player leaving, they hold all the cards these days and if their head gets turned your hands are tied. I guess you can look at the Berahino situation but that could have gone completely the other way, would you risk it?

Don't tell me Martin loves it here, he loves Derby, he will tell the fans what they want to hear at the time. Just like the club he joins next will be a big club, couldn't wait to sign, the fans are amazing, what a great opportunity this is for him.

Sure telling people he's a Derby County legend would be nice but it doesn't put money in the bank, for such a short career you have to load that bank account up as much as possible. Does he have any emotional attachment to the club? I doubt it. How does X amount to sign then double your wages sound with Premier League football right now sound?....

You know each and every single one of you would do the same if you was playing for another club.

Never say no chance, this is football.

Good point, I remember us singing Chris Commons is a Ram.    now look

I'd be concerned if an established PL side, such as Swansea, WBA or Southampton came in for him, but I'd be surprised if he went to Sunderland for 4 months of PL football. 

The only reason he would consider that would be in the hope that, in that time, he could prove himself to be Premier League worthy and therefore prompt a more established Prem side to buy him.

However, that's a big risk because if, for whatever reason, he doesn't perform, he could well be back in the Championship next season while we may be playing in the Prem!

• 2 months later...

Two people on Twitter saying they've heard that Chris Martin has handed in a transfer request following a fall out with Shackell.

I hope this isn't true. I know Twitter isn't a reliable source, but this rumour may actually explain a few things. Martin has a lot of mates in the Derby squad, they'll all be down if they know he's likely to be going.

5 minutes ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

Two people on Twitter saying they've heard that Chris Martin has handed in a transfer request following a fall out with Shackell.

I hope this isn't true. I know Twitter isn't a reliable source, but this rumour may actually explain a few things. Martin has a lot of mates in the Derby squad, they'll all be down if they know he's likely to be going.

Mostly I feel that this is likely to be utter balderdash... However if true we've landed ourselves a bugger of a situation since we rarely perform as a team without Martin... And having just sent Pearce off on loan we can't even bring him in to replace Shackell!

Step up our lord and saviour... WHERE FOR ART THOU JAKEY?!?!?!

Archived