Newcastle United 2015-16 season

i-Ram

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alf Ramsey failed to take us to European Championships 2 years before winning the World Cup.

Ron Greenwood failed to takes us to the World Cup in 78

Bobby Robson failed to take us to European Championships in 84

Graham Taylor failed to take us to the World Cup in 94

I still thing someone is bitter about us not signing Necid or Luc Constipation :ph34r: 

Alf Ramsey failed to take us to European Championships 2 years before winning the World Cup.

Ron Greenwood failed to takes us to the World Cup in 78

Bobby Robson failed to take us to European Championships in 84

Graham Taylor failed to take us to the World Cup in 94

I still thing someone is bitter about us not signing Necid or Luc Constipation :ph34r: 

Any manager is judged by their recent records or would you prefer it if we simply ignored what managers do in the recent years and start judging them on what they did before that. That is what you're saying, yes...

How many failures can McClaren have before you accept that he might just have had his best times behind hem?

I accept he did well at Boro and Twente but let's just take a look at his managerial record then.

Middlesboro: Success.

England: Failure of epic proportions (The shortest time held for England manager in history)

Twente: Success

Wolfsburg: Failure

Forest: Failure

Twente: Failure

Derby: Failure

Newcastle: Failure at present

It doesn't make for pretty reading really, does it.

It's hardly a difficult assumption to say that he would struggle to get a top job and yes, that is my opinion and if you think he would with that incredibly poor managerial record (yes, I did say incredibly poor) then I will also be of the opinion that my 2 year old daughter has more football knowledge than you.

I like McClaren and remember the great work he did when coaching with DCFC. He was highly rated by Rednapp and the players while at QPR according to reports and was doing what he does best, coaching.

I never for one moment thought he would be a great success with Derby and was proven right. He needs to stick with that he does best and get a job with a club as a coach under a manager. Leave the management to those who know better.

A pair of defeats against Chelsea (h) and Man City (a), a fortnight to stew on being bottom of the league and he'll be staring down the barrel at home to Norwich, then the derby at Sunderland. 

He'll do well to be in charge come bonfire night.

I wouldn't. But Newcastle have done well against Chelsea at home over the last couple of seasons, so maybe he can continue all his great work on Saturday, might even stick a few quid on them. And Steve can catch up with his mate John Terry and reminisce, and maybe he'll be the next Chelsea manager, what with all his schmoozing with all the top knobs, because he's such a wonderful fella, not.

this is almost megalolz!

I'll try and give a bizarre analogy, but won't use the wife/girlfriend.

Imagine you have a 20 year old daughter, the apple of your eye, your princess. She's had a few boyfriends, mainly losers. Her new boyfriend seems a good match, but after a while, he notices another bloke eyeing her up. She doesn't really pay attention, but the jealousy consumes him. He eventually accuses her of planning to leave him, she denies it, having never even considered it, although she might have been chatted up by some bloke on a night out, but she definitely made it clear she was in a relationship and she was happy. Anyway, this jealousy is bad. He eventually starts verbally abusing her, really upsetting her, even starts arguing with her friends on nights out, accusing them of being unfit to be her friend, resulting in them being distant towards your daughter, perhaps not being the best friends they can be, but they've been intimidated by a bully. This goes on for six  months and your daughter is struggling to make the relationship successful, or even fun. Nothing she tries is good enough for the boyfriend, she becomes nervous and clumsy, and drops things and says the wrong thing every now and then. It's a struggle, but your daughter sticks with it, but the boyfriend is still accusing her of intending to break up with him and leave him for the bloke in the pub. She has no intention of doing this, in spite of the disgusting treatment from her boyfriend and now even his friends are giving her grief.

Then, out of the blue, the boyfriend dumps your daughter and gets it on with a virgin from Essex, on the premise that once she learns a few tricks, she will be pure filth in the bedroom.

Meanwhile your daughter is alone for a while, and the bloke in the pub has split up with his useless bint, and eventually asks her out, makes her feel wanted. She thinks to herself that he's been nice to her a few times and shown an interest and in all that time when her ex-boyfriend was making her miserable by being an ******** to her and her mates, and even his mates were mean too, this guy seemed okay. She decides to go on a few dates with him. It's not brilliant, but he tries hard.

Meanwhile the ex-boyfriend and his mates go around telling everyone your daughter is a filthy slag and deserves to get aids.

Something amiss here.

Is this another rumour about Shackell?

There's very little loyalty in fans never mind managers and players.

Wasn't too long ago we were boo'ing Jason Shackell and singing wife shagging/greedy ******* songs at him. Now it's "Jason Shackell is a Ram".

Wouldn't be surprised if something similar happens with Mac if he ever did return. I hold no grudges like a few people obviously do, I'd like to think I'm not a two faced football fan like some though.

I reckon quite a few thousand Derby fans lost a lot of hair and a lot more, last season, I nearly lost the will to live when I heard all his post match interviews on Sky TV and all the same old excuses and all the rest and telling us all not to be disrespectful towards Newcastle United, as for the last performance at home to Reading only needing a point, well he's quality and it's only a matter of time before the Football world wakes up to see him work his magic once again.

Super Jake Buxton should have chucked the kettle, the kitchen, and all the teachers apples in the world at the nugget.

Archived