Newcastle United 2015-16 season

i-Ram

Pure comedy gold that Daveo. You've excelled yourself here.

McClaren changed a working system in favour of his own and refused to alter things when we weren't getting the results.

He hasn't got a clue at Newcastle. He seems to have no idea on how to turn things round there and is on the fast track to getting the sack there.

What working system did he change?

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People can talk about theories all they want, but regarding what actually happened, McClaren's decision to keep his options open and not rule out the Newcastle job was 100% vindicated because he ended up getting sacked.

Just out of interest, do any of the McClaren haters really think he'd still be at Derby if he'd declared 100% that he wouldn't take the Newcastle job and our season had still finished the same with us sitting 8th? If no, would you not have any sympathy that fan and board pressure had forced him to pass up a Premiership opportunity only to get the boot 6 months later?

I think those of us gagging for him to fail generally believe we wouldn't have finished 8th had he had his eye on the ball. 

Personally, I believe that regardless of any declaration, he and his representative were trying to engineer a move. This would have been well -known in the incestuous world of football, hence the loss of form - if the leader doesn't believe in the cause, how can anyone else give it their all?

I don't have proof. It's just what I believe. 

That's why I'm glad he has spent £50m of Mike Ashley's money and it's going so badly wrong. McClaren is an arrogant pig to think he is the one to make that club great. Nobody can do it. It's a basket case. Everyone knows that. He and Ashley deserve each other. *******. 

I think those of us gagging for him to fail generally believe we wouldn't have finished 8th had he had his eye on the ball. 

Personally, I believe that regardless of any declaration, he and his representative were trying to engineer a move. This would have been well -known in the incestuous world of football, hence the loss of form - if the leader doesn't believe in the cause, how can anyone else give it their all?

I don't have proof. It's just what I believe. 

That's why I'm glad he has spent £50m of Mike Ashley's money and it's going so badly wrong. McClaren is an arrogant pig to think he is the one to make that club great. Nobody can do it. It's a basket case. Everyone knows that. He and Ashley deserve each other. *******. 

Say McClaren's eye wasn't on the ball, we still lost all our CDM's and strikers, eye on or off most clubs would struggle with that situation. 

Also the players were so close to the Premier League, most of our squad never been there and with a wage increase I'm not sure that McClaren's future would have any effect on them. Obviously they would want to know what's going on but I don't see them simply giving up, oh McClaren's off so **** the Premier League.

McClaren struggled to come up with a plan B, insisted on playing Russell as a lone striker, as the games went by and we wasn't winning, the players confidence must have been shot, looking around not knowing how the hell they were going to get back on track with all the injuries. No players incoming, was that McClaren's choice or did the club say no? GSE saying no funds available and with takeover talks going on behind the scenes was Mel reluctant to part with more money whilst not owning the club?

Lot's of theories that can be thrown around as to what happened, no idea why everyone is choosing the McClaren's head was turned one. Just seems unfair to be to throw all this at McClaren playing guessing games and forgetting all the great times we had under him. 

Who are these CDMs of which you speak? Eustace ok but he knew about Eustace's failing fitness well before he had an operation. Thorne? He'd been out all season anyway and that didn't stop us being top well before he returned to 'fitness'. Omar? He was no more a CDM than I am.  

What was Lingard's contribution? He did next to nothing but was signed after Eustace got injured. 

I haven't forgotten the good stuff. This thread is just an opportunity to laugh at him for making the wrong choices. 

Who are these CDMs of which you speak? Eustace ok but he knew about Eustace's failing fitness well before he had an operation. Thorne? He'd been out all season anyway and that didn't stop us being top well before he returned to 'fitness'. Omar? He was no more a CDM than I am.  

What was Lingard's contribution? He did next to nothing but was signed after Eustace got injured. 

I haven't forgotten the good stuff. This thread is just an opportunity to laugh at him for making the wrong choices. 

It's not really relevant where you think Mascerell should be played. McClaren was using him exclusively as a defensive midfielder, so was quite obviously relying on him staying fit in the absence of Eustace and Thorne.

I agree about Lingard. He was a completely pointless loan.

It's not really relevant where you think Mascerell should be played. McClaren was using him exclusively as a defensive midfielder, so was quite obviously relying on him staying fit in the absence of Eustace and Thorne.

I agree about Lingard. He was a completely pointless loan.

It is kind of relevant. Clearly McClaren thought Mascarell capable in that position. I didn't. And now McClaren has gone. I win.;)

Is this the same as Dawkins is a central midfielder? Mascarell is and was a CDM that the fans wanted to see further up the pitch. Reports in Spain suggested that Ancelotti was thinking of Mascarell as a Khedira replacement who is very much a CDM

Now we're bringing his personal life into it as the poor management skills argument isn't holding up too well.

Don't remember any of this being posted when we were top of the league?

I do remember saying when Nigel Clough was sacked he wouldn't take us any further, other than spend a lot of the money Nigel Clough managed to save the club.I suppose you could argue 8th is better than 10th, but I preferred seeing us demolish Millwall away instead of hanging on to a point when McClaren was put under the spotlight and had to dig deep in his job and showed his true coaching, management skills in abundance. Oh I forget, when the "team" doesn't perform it's the players fault, when we are top of the league, it's all down to just one man. Don't think so, it's all about the club and McClaren was quite happy to shaft us, whilst expecting us all to bend backwards and respect Newcastle United Football Club.

The Derby Way......No thanks, get on your bike, take as much cash as you can and repeat the process, so you have far more cash than anyone in the world needs, whilst millions are left to starve to death or have no where to live or have nowhere to call home. Think, think again, and again, and don't forget to lie to your family, to your friends, to your club and to you fans.

Like you say it's a club effort but I'm not seeing any blame on the players for finishing 8th, it's all McClaren's fault. 3rd is also a lot better than 10th, didn't lose all his CDM's and strikers then tho. Funny how he didn't struggle then. 

You seem to want to only remember his final few months of last season during our injury crisis and ignore the rest of his time here. That's fine, up to you of course. I would take McClaren back again any day over Clough and I suspect given a choice most fans would agree.

I do remember saying when Nigel Clough was sacked he wouldn't take us any further, other than spend a lot of the money Nigel Clough managed to save the club.I suppose you could argue 8th is better than 10th, but I preferred seeing us demolish Millwall away instead of hanging on to a point when McClaren was put under the spotlight and had to dig deep in his job and showed his true coaching, management skills in abundance. Oh I forget, when the "team" doesn't perform it's the players fault, when we are top of the league, it's all down to just one man. Don't think so, it's all about the club and McClaren was quite happy to shaft us, whilst expecting us all to bend backwards and respect Newcastle United Football Club.

The Derby Way......No thanks, get on your bike, take as much cash as you can and repeat the process, so you have far more cash than anyone in the world needs, whilst millions are left to starve to death or have no where to live or have nowhere to call home. Think, think again, and again, and don't forget to lie to your family, to your friends, to your club and to you fans.

You're not actually saying that you'd prefer to have Clough as a manager than McClaren  I had to do a double take there for a minute 

Difference between loyal fans and glory hunters a bit like the two people being compared.

The last thing the club needs is to become anything like Middlesbrough and their fickle support, never mind Newcastle.

Nothing to do with glory hunting, fans just had enough of the crap budget football and it really was crap but we had to go through it to get where we are today. 

McClaren could have never have done what Clough did and Clough would never had us remotely close to promotion. 

Both men were employed at the right times. I would say tho maybe Clough should have maybe gone a season or two earlier but no time to look back now, can't change what's been and gone. Grateful to both managers for the job they did, now Clement has to take the next step which is promotion, no more near misses. 

Everything to do with staying loyal whatever football we play and whatever division we play it in, 100% Derby County or I'll just stay at home until we start winning again.

Modern day football and modern day football fans, the older generation either dying off or physically not capable of going to matches and being replaced by neandarthals.

Sing when we're winning, we only sing when we're wining......no thanks.

Bet they're glad they got Pardew out

Toon Forum…Re: Newcastle Utd vs Sheffield Wednesday - 23/09/15

toonboy984 wrote: Pardew doesn’t seem so bad now does he?.....

MIFUNE: At least we occasionally looked like a team capable of winning a match. Something that we haven't looked like since.

Everything to do with staying loyal whatever football we play and whatever division we play it in, 100% Derby County or I'll just stay at home until we start winning again.

Modern day football and modern day football fans, the older generation either dying off or physically not capable of going to matches and being replaced by neandarthals.

Sing when we're winning, we only sing when we're wining......no thanks.

Deleted my last post as completely got the wrong end of the stick, blame the Heineken!

Anyhow loyalty, that's all well and good but with tickets at £30 a pop you can't expect fans to keep paying out when the football on the pitch is crap.

Voting with your feet is much better than booing and shows the club that you are not happy with what's going on the pitch.

Football is a form of entertainment, if you're not being entertained why would you keep forking out the money? With people losing jobs all over the place, haven't got the money to throw around.

Cloughs football wasn't entertaining, fans voted, the club acted and responded with the new entertaining football on the pitch.

Archived