Newcastle United 2015-16 season

i-Ram

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a world class coach, but a very average manager. I think what happened with us and now what's happening at Newcastle proves it.

At Derby he inherited a talented squad who'd had discipline drilled into them by Clough, a pretty good manager who employs poor coaches. McClaren effectively acted as the coach Clough needed and put his arm around those players, instilled them with belief and let them off the leash. The result was very nearly promotion. Next season when things were disrupted, when strong management was needed, we faltered.

Newcastle don't need a coach who is going to put his arm around their players. They need a manager who will kick some of the lazy and disruptive elements in the changing room up the arse. Players like Coloccini, Tiote, and Cisse need to be crapping themselves when they're walking back to the dressing room after a half hearted display and I guarantee they're not the slightest bit worried about whatever McClaren will say to them.

Of course the other big issue is that Newcastle's squad is pathetically weak by Premiership standards. It was always going to be a relegation battle for them.

He's a world class coach, but a very average manager. I think what happened with us and now what's happening at Newcastle proves it.

At Derby he inherited a talented squad who'd had discipline drilled into them by Clough, who is a pretty good manager who employs poor coaches. McClaren effectively acted as the coach Clough needed and put his arms around those players, instilled them with belief and let them off the leash. The result was very nearly promotion. Next season when things were disrupted, when strong management was needed, we faltered.

Newcastle don't need a coach who is going to put his arm around their players. They need a manager who will kick some of the lazy and disruptive elements in the changing room up the arse. Players like Coloccini, Tiote, and Cisse need to be crapping themselves when they're walking back to the dressing room after a half hearted display and I guarantee they're not the slightest bit worried about whatever McClaren will say to them.

Of course the other big issue is that Newcastle's squad is pathetically weak by Premiership standards. It was always going to be a relegation battle for them.

I don't think those players particularly are disruptive... And even if Tiote was, he's a player with a lot of respect for McClaren. He managed him at his successful Twente spell. Point taken and agreed with though

"Cheer up Steve MClown, oh what can it mean, to a sad Geordie Bar Stool, and a **** football team"......sing up!

Clearly he's sat up, far to high in the stands at St James' Park, and seeing his first home game performance on MOTD where he couldn't work the phone, well he needs to get his hands on a really good microphone......"COME IN NUMBER 5 YOUR TIME IS UP!!!!!"

Fog on the Tyne is all yours, all yours.......,

I suspect some Newcastle fans would take relegation if it meant Ashley selling up and taking his Wonga sponsorship with him.

I agree. The problem for them as a club is Ashley, not McClaren. SM would never have gone there if he'd had any other choice. If it was a properly run club he'd do a perfectly decent job - just look at Pardew now he's escaped. Their fans should boycott home games to get the owner out. Relegation is probably the only way it's going to happen, but it'll be far better for them in the long run.

I don't think those players particularly are disruptive... And even if Tiote was, he's a player with a lot of respect for McClaren. He managed him at his successful Twente spell. Point taken and agreed with though

Maybe, but Tiote is a shadow of the player he was two seasons ago. He seems like he's lost interest to me. Newcastle have come to be viewed as something of a staging post for foreign players to get into the Premier League. Things are all fine and dandy for the first couple of years, but if they don't get their move on to bigger and better things they stop trying.

Coloccini simply isn't captain material. They only ever gave him the armband because he was dithering over whether he was "homesick" or not a few years back.

I've been watching Derby for around 20 years now, in that time I have seen just 2 managers bring football that was entertaining and I loved to watch.....Jim Smith and Steve McClaren.

Already said numerous times I didn't want to see Steve go, blaming the Newcastle situation on our slump in form is just ridiculous, we lost all our CDM's and Strikers. 

Give Steve this squad and we would be up there at the top now. I truly believe that.

I'm fully behind Clement now, I have to be. No point in spitting my dummy out over the current manager as I was a big fan of the last.

Clement has sorted out our defence and credit to him but he has traded it in for the entertaining attacking football I enjoyed under Steve. Who knows, maybe in time that would come under Clement, I hope so as football is about entertainment for me and at the moment I've lost that buzz before each game.

I will be 100% wanting both Steve and Newcastle to win their next 2 games as well. Not for the Newcastle fans mind you.  

I've been watching Derby for around 20 years now, in that time I have seen just 2 managers bring football that was entertaining and I loved to watch.....Jim Smith and Steve McClaren.

Already said numerous times I didn't want to see Steve go, blaming the Newcastle situation on our slump in form is just ridiculous, we lost all our CDM's and Strikers. 

Give Steve this squad and we would be up there at the top now. I truly believe that.

I'm fully behind Clement now, I have to be. No point in spitting my dummy out over the current manager as I was a big fan of the last.

Clement has sorted out our defence and credit to him but he has traded it in for the entertaining attacking football I enjoyed under Steve. Who knows, maybe in time that would come under Clement, I hope so as football is about entertainment for me and at the moment I've lost that buzz before each game.

I will be 100% wanting both Steve and Newcastle to win their next 2 games as well. Not for the Newcastle fans mind you.  

did you not find the football under Burley entertaining?

did you not find the football under Burley entertaining?

I was going to say that too Mostyn6, the season we got to the the play offs, the Forest home games, they were brilliant performances, some of the goals we scored that season were truly stunning.

Archived