The view from the outside 15/16

Ambitious

36 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

This is a good view on this season, its a shame others don't consider this when they think the team is failing in their eyes.

I certainly stand by what I said now, the top 8 has really come on strong this year and it's probably the first time in a while that there's a realistic chance of any of the top 6 winning the league yet

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

I certainly stand by what I said now, the top 8 has really come on strong this year and it's probably the first time in a while that there's a realistic chance of any of the top 6 winning the league yet

Have I time-warped back to this time last season? Because I'm sure the exact same thing was true at this stage in 2015.

Sports journalist mate of mine (West Brom fan) went to the QPR game. He had this to say:

"Apart from about 20 mins in the second half last night you were pretty abject. Johnny Russell looks like your only player who wants the ball and can do something with it. Ince was anonymous and Martin is a bit of a donkey. Keogh and Shackell are decent centre backs but the whole team was all over the shop yesterday. I'd be concerned of not making the play-offs at this rate, yet alone the top two." 

6 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Sports journalist mate of mine (West Brom fan) went to the QPR game. He had this to say:

"Apart from about 20 mins in the second half last night you were pretty abject. Johnny Russell looks like your only player who wants the ball and can do something with it. Ince was anonymous and Martin is a bit of a donkey. Keogh and Shackell are decent centre backs but the whole team was all over the shop yesterday. I'd be concerned of not making the play-offs at this rate, yet alone the top two." 

I question his journalistic credentials.

11 minutes ago, Srg said:

I question his journalistic credentials.

:D I can get on board with most of that quote (as he saw it). Must admit, the bit about Johnny Russell looking like he can actually do something with the ball is a head scratcher, though!

Looking at this squad I hate the way they spent the money. Looks like they just wanted to 'strengthen' every position, only they never actually strengthened because the players they bought are barely better than the players already there. They just bloated the squad enormously without actually improving it. They should have just concentrated the money on a few important signings for key 1st team positions.

Even a random onlooker knows what's wrong with our club.

It's taken from sofifa.com. And no, I don't think this FIFA16 TV game player is a DCFC fan.

40 minutes ago, HKRam said:

Even a random onlooker knows what's wrong with our club.

It's taken from sofifa.com. And no, I don't think this FIFA16 TV game player is a DCFC fan.

Let's look at the signings we made in the summer;

Bent to replace Bent

Ince to replace Ince

Carson to improve on Grant and Roos

Pearce to improve the leaky defence/Whitbread/Buxton injury

Baird to replace Eustace

Weiman to replace Ward

Shackell to improve on the leaky defence/Albentosa

Johnson for the injured Bryson

Butterfield for the injured Hughes

Olsson for injured Forsyth

Camara for Dawkins

Blackman for Lingard?

All of them had reason behind, would argue only 1 of the last 2 were necessary in theory. Maybe a loan deal or 2 to cover the injuries but still signings were needed t add to the outgoings in the summer.

8 hours ago, rynny said:

Let's look at the signings we made in the summer;

Bent to replace Bent

Ince to replace Ince

Carson to improve on Grant and Roos

Pearce to improve the leaky defence/Whitbread/Buxton injury

Baird to replace Eustace

Weiman to replace Ward

Shackell to improve on the leaky defence/Albentosa

Johnson for the injured Bryson

Butterfield for the injured Hughes

Olsson for injured Forsyth

Camara for Dawkins

Blackman for Lingard?

All of them had reason behind, would argue only 1 of the last 2 were necessary in theory. Maybe a loan deal or 2 to cover the injuries but still signings were needed t add to the outgoings in the summer.

Let's not forget Thorne who was "like a new signing".

And now that Bryson is fit and Hughes is also on the way back, our midfield looks bloated.

13 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

Let's not forget Thorne who was "like a new signing".

And now that Bryson is fit and Hughes is also on the way back, our midfield looks bloated.

Ok adding Thorne, he replacedid Mascarell who replaced Thorne...

Hence why I said maybe a loan or 2 to cover the injuries but if there were no loans available that were of sufficient quality it would have been pointless and better off sticking with injury prone Thorne, old man Bird and rookie Hanson and Hendrick. I am sure if that was the case peoplease would be calling MM for not investing. Dammed if he does. Dammed if he doesn't. 

• 3 weeks later...

Major changes required at HT. Derby haven't won at home for ages, why do we give teams an olive branch when they are going through a bad spell?

He says as we are half way towards winning our 4th home game on the trot...

24 minutes ago, rynny said:

You miss this post when he was told he was wrong;

I meant in 6 at home to us.

:p

I saw that later on and think he was just trying to cover himself haha.

Them never losing to us at our place doesn't mean they shouldn't lose now! Completely different teams and we've beaten them once this season already

5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I saw that later on and think he was just trying to cover himself haha.

Them never losing to us at our place doesn't mean they shouldn't lose now! Completely different teams and we've beaten them once this season already

I know what yo mean but dsome do look at unbeaten runs, like our Leeds one recently and Burnley over us. Think before tonight we hadn't beat them at home since 84 or summat daft like that.

Archived