The view from the outside 15/16

Ambitious

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will they though? A bit dissapointed? fans a bit worried? 

Us and Sheff Wed will be chuffed to bits. (if they get there, obv the way their fans sing doesn't actually count for owt) but we're grateful aren't we?

2 draws against wendies, 2 wins v hull and a draw v Brighton.

undefeated thus far against out play off rivals.

As for any wendies fans thinking they should've won that - lol, a draw fair, but no more than that, plus, they needed a win more than we did and not our first choice midfield. They had promising attacks first half, but not many clear chances, not as many as we had.

Bless em, they came to Derby and didn't get pumped, for the Owls, that's as amazing as a season gets.

And their fans were good but nothing to write home about, no more than 1000 of us at Bristol managed.

oday, 00:41#8

TSB 

Captain Hindsight

Jul 2003

Palmeira Square,Hove

Originally Posted by Easy 10 

I don't think they'll rest anyone. They've got a good head of steam up now, and will want to maintain that momentum. They will be formidable opponents on Monday.

I watched them today and thought they were pretty crap considering their recent form. Chris Martin has been comedy bad for most of the season.
Derby fan posting on Oneboro thinks that Blackman, Bent and Wiemann will play on Monday. Bloody hope so.

Above comment from a Brighton fan. Bring it on....................

12 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I don't think they'll rest anyone. They've got a good head of steam up now, and will want to maintain that momentum. They will be formidable opponents on Monday.

I watched them today and thought they were pretty crap considering their recent form. Chris Martin has been comedy bad for most of the season.
Derby fan posting on Oneboro thinks that Blackman, Bent and Wiemann will play on Monday. Bloody hope so.

That forum is a disaster, some of the most arrogant fans I've seen for a such a small club like Brighton. 

If we have nailed down 5th place and Hull have nailed down 4th place by this saturday, then we should field a weak team against Brighton on the monday and beat Ipswich on the following saturday. A massive waste of effort trying to beat Brighton with a full strength side on monday if we cannot finish any higher in the league than 4th. No need in showing our best team and tactics for no reward. Brighton have only lost 5 games, so I prefer Boro in the Final. I think that Brighton will beat Boro at Boro on the last day.

54 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

That forum is a disaster, some of the most arrogant fans I've seen for a such a small club like Brighton. 

This 'big club, small club' nonsense smacks equally of arrogance.

2 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Yeah, you're right about that. I don't like when other clubs say things like that, but Brighton fans were irritating me. 

The one who stole our playoff tickets a couple of years ago certainly irritated me.

48 minutes ago, Rampage said:

If we have nailed down 5th place and Hull have nailed down 4th place by this saturday, then we should field a weak team against Brighton on the monday and beat Ipswich on the following saturday. A massive waste of effort trying to beat Brighton with a full strength side on monday if we cannot finish any higher in the league than 4th. No need in showing our best team and tactics for no reward. Brighton have only lost 5 games, so I prefer Boro in the Final. I think that Brighton will beat Boro at Boro on the last day.

I mentioned this on another thread with a Brighton fan, but with the way we're playing I really think we should look to build on that. Disrupting the team will just halt our momentum. Keep a settled side and let it pan out how it has been. The past 5 games we've been very good. We've deserved to win all 5, but 13 points ain't a bad return. We rested players at Leeds after winning three on the bounce because we had Boro next. We lost against Leeds and then didn't really cause Boro many problems, and then a bit of a slide happened which is why we lost the ground on the top two that we couldn't make up.

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

I mentioned this on another thread with a Brighton fan, but with the way we're playing I really think we should look to build on that. Disrupting the team will just halt our momentum. Keep a settled side and let it pan out how it has been. The past 5 games we've been very good. We've deserved to win all 5, but 13 points ain't a bad return. We rested players at Leeds after winning three on the bounce because we had Boro next. We lost against Leeds and then didn't really cause Boro many problems, and then a bit of a slide happened which is why we lost the ground on the top two that we couldn't make up.

our turn of form has come because we have had a settled side and only made changes due to the mystery illness that seems to be going around the team. I think we shouldn't make too many changes and we can give ourselves a good test against a potential play off opponent. 

2 minutes ago, Gritters said:

our turn of form has come because we have had a settled side and only made changes due to the mystery illness that seems to be going around the team. I think we shouldn't make too many changes and we can give ourselves a good test against a potential play off opponent. 

I agree. I'm fine with one or two changes at the very most, but only for players who might be expected to play anyway. I wouldn't go bringing in players like Camara, Blackman etc. They have barely featured at all for us, and I don't think they will in the play-offs unless absolutely necessary.

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

oday, 00:41#8

TSB 

Captain Hindsight

Jul 2003

Palmeira Square,Hove

Originally Posted by Easy 10 

Comedy bad.. The man that has created more chances in open play than any other player in the championship this season ?

Napier's Knee 

Mar 2014

West Sussex

Let's remember a few things:
1 we mugged them last year at the Amex
2. They must be the most aesthetically ugly side in the championship
3. It was at the iPro that Goldson was racially abused.
4. We're a better team than them

--—--------------

i know quite a few Brighton fans, most are ok, but the one that are not are proper clowns

Archived