The view from the outside 15/16

Ambitious

Not sounding confident in West London:

"I fear that we will get a hammered away to Derby on Boxing Day.Although we can score goals but we concede so many that we just won't be able to live with Derby."

"We must just look upon the game as a damage limitation exercise and count our blessings if we can keep the score at a reasonable level."

"Looks unlikely we'll get anything but a beating in this one. Although, if we can get the manager sorted before this one the new manager bounce might help us surprise Derby." - That's my worry too

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MK said:

Not sounding confident in West London:

"I fear that we will get a hammered away to Derby on Boxing Day.Although we can score goals but we concede so many that we just won't be able to live with Derby."

"We must just look upon the game as a damage limitation exercise and count our blessings if we can keep the score at a reasonable level."

"Looks unlikely we'll get anything but a beating in this one. Although, if we can get the manager sorted before this one the new manager bounce might help us surprise Derby." - That's my worry too

They were saying exactly the same thing before the game at their ground last season, probably about the time it started to go wrong. 

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

They were saying exactly the same thing before the game at their ground last season, probably about the time it started to go wrong. 

Yes, lost there, lost at Brighton on the Tuesday evening.

As we drove home from Brighton, Derby's wheels overtook us.

I went to the Ipswich game and had their radio phone in on in the car on the way back. McCarthy's interview was fantastic. The presenter's were reading out messages from fans slating the referee and Derby. Saying that we should have had 2 players sent off, the goal was miles offside, we tried to injure them every time etc. McCarthy was asked this, his reply?

Paraphrasing: The goal might be offside, it might not be, Derby had luck, we'll get it too some time. We both tackled each other well, I'd be moaning if there weren't any tackles made by either team. I'm not going to complain about the referee, he was alright. The tackles were never red cards and I'm shocked they were yellows, both just accidents and not intended.

He definitely went up in my estimation from that interview, the Ipswich fans on the other hand....

16 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

I went to the Ipswich game and had their radio phone in on in the car on the way back. McCarthy's interview was fantastic. The presenter's were reading out messages from fans slating the referee and Derby. Saying that we should have had 2 players sent off, the goal was miles offside, we tried to injure them every time etc. McCarthy was asked this, his reply?

Paraphrasing: The goal might be offside, it might not be, Derby had luck, we'll get it too some time. We both tackled each other well, I'd be moaning if there weren't any tackles made by either team. I'm not going to complain about the referee, he was alright. The tackles were never red cards and I'm shocked they were yellows, both just accidents and not intended.

He definitely went up in my estimation from that interview, the Ipswich fans on the other hand....

He also said we were solid and it would be a surprise if anyone finished above us and boro.

I got this from my ITFC supporting friend. Don't worry, I put him in his place.

"You are an ugly team really and for the goal the deflection could have gone anywhere but fell right to ince---lucky.

He hit it well but top goalies would be unhappy at letting that one in----ours most certainly is not.

You had that bit extra but you have spent millions more so should have.

As for Butterfield, what a cnut, he committed 3 offences at the same time and should have been sent off-----Naaaaaaaaaaarwich scumbag.

Think you and Boro have it sewn up----enjoy!!"

2 minutes ago, admira said:

"You are an ugly team really and for the goal the deflection could have gone anywhere but fell right to ince---lucky.

He hit it well but top goalies would be unhappy at letting that one in----ours most certainly is not.

As for Butterfield, what a cnut, he committed 3 offences at the same time and should have been sent off-----Naaaaaaaaaaarwich scumbag.

I never realised that Butterfield played for Norwich. Two league cup appearances in 2012. - who'd a thunk it? Well not me, that's obvious.

I forgot he played for Norwich.... it wasnt hard to forget that both Chris Martin and Bradley johnson played for norwich probably both scored lots of goals against ipswich.... and now they are jealous about how much better quality they are than anything they have got.

2 hours ago, jagerbob said:

I forgot he played for Norwich.... it wasnt hard to forget that both Chris Martin and Bradley johnson played for norwich probably both scored lots of goals against ipswich.... and now they are jealous about how much better quality they are than anything they have got.

...and Shacks. Grabban next?

4 hours ago, admira said:

Why do Ipswich-ians say Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaarwich when their from the same county and have the same accent???  

Bunch of mardarse yokels...

9 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Why do Ipswich-ians say Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaarwich when their from the same county and have the same accent???  

Bunch of mardarse yokels...

There are far enough away for you to notice an accent change.

Same with Pompey and So'ton, or perhaps even Derby and Notts like to tell those blues they call it Leicestooooooooor

Archived