Ambitious

1 minute ago, WystonRam said:

Napier's Knee 

Mar 2014

West Sussex

Let's remember a few things:
1 we mugged them last year at the Amex
2. They must be the most aesthetically ugly side in the championship
3. It was at the iPro that Goldson was racially abused.
4. We're a better team than them

--—--------------

i know quite a few Brighton fans, most are ok, but the one that are not are proper clowns

I feel like the term 'mugged' is wrong here. mugged would be several goals down in the play offs with the opposition fans cheering when you finally score a consolation goal. Remind you of any game in particular? ;)

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

--—--------------

What does that even mean? We play decent football and other than Martin I can't really see any players that are dislikeable. 

6 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Napier's Knee 

Mar 2014

West Sussex

--—--------------

i know quite a few Brighton fans, most are ok, but the one that are not are proper clowns

This has to be the ponciest way of conveying the sentiment "I don't much care for 4-3-3" I've ever seen.

25 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

I feel like the term 'mugged' is wrong here. mugged would be several goals down in the play offs with the opposition fans cheering when you finally score a consolation goal. Remind you of any game in particular? ;)

No, he's quite correct in the 'smash and grab' or 'daylight robbery' context.

Last season, we played Brighton off the park, certainly for the first 70 minutes, yet somehow contrived to lose 2-0. If either Hendrick's shot which comes off the post or Keogh's header just before half time goes in instead of being quite brilliantly saved, or indeed any of the half a dozen chances spurned in the second half were taken, we probably would have gone on to win comfortably.

Incidentally, McClaren's post-match interview contained this little snippet, so it seemingly wasn't a Mel Morris post-Clement invention...

"We dominated the game and played the Derby way; I thought we were excellent."

Glad we cleared that up.

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

If we have nailed down 5th place and Hull have nailed down 4th place by this saturday, then we should field a weak team against Brighton on the monday and beat Ipswich on the following saturday. A massive waste of effort trying to beat Brighton with a full strength side on monday if we cannot finish any higher in the league than 4th. No need in showing our best team and tactics for no reward. Brighton have only lost 5 games, so I prefer Boro in the Final. I think that Brighton will beat Boro at Boro on the last day.

We could well be playing them in the play offs so we will learn nothing if we send out a weakened team. Go full strength, as they will, and use it to learn and understand their strengths and weaknesses, and our strengths and weaknesses against them, so that we can act upon it and do something about it if and when it really matters.

It's a great opportunity when the pressure is off to suss Brighton out.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Big game for them, we do not need injuries or more bookings. What is the Booking count? Do they keep adding them up in the Play Offs, I assume. Is anyone in danger of missing the Play offs?

No Derby player can now receive a suspension for yellow cards, because the deadline for the 10 bookings level (2 match ban) has passed. The most bookings any Derby player has received this season is 8 (Johnson and Keogh) and the next suspension is for 15.

7 hours ago, Rampage said:

If we have nailed down 5th place and Hull have nailed down 4th place by this saturday, then we should field a weak team against Brighton on the monday and beat Ipswich on the following saturday. A massive waste of effort trying to beat Brighton with a full strength side on monday if we cannot finish any higher in the league than 4th. No need in showing our best team and tactics for no reward. Brighton have only lost 5 games, so I prefer Boro in the Final. I think that Brighton will beat Boro at Boro on the last day.

That is a really bad idea, we have a duty to field a strong side against Brighton. 

26 minutes ago, bcnram said:

That is a really bad idea, we have a duty to field a strong side against Brighton. 

The time for a rest is Ipswich, and only then if we can't move position in the table either way.

12 hours ago, eddie said:

No Derby player can now receive a suspension for yellow cards, because the deadline for the 10 bookings level (2 match ban) has passed. The most bookings any Derby player has received this season is 8 (Johnson and Keogh) and the next suspension is for 15.

Brilliant news eddie. Thank you. COYR

Don't get the Brighton animosity.

I don't have strong feelings either way for them, and I'm surprised they do for us.

Fair enough, they may not like a couple of our players - can't say I'm fond of Bruno, or dare I say Zamora anymore - but the that's just par for the course with every team.

4 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

Think it's literally due to us smashing them that time. To be fair to them though they had a few injuries those two games (Allegedly).

Everyone has injuries - we dealt without Thorne and Martin for a good portion of last year... and have dealt without Forsyth and comfortably our best player in Will Hughes all year. Just part of things - using that excuse makes you little different to poor old Nottingham.

On 25/04/2016 at 11:59, Srg said:

Everyone has injuries - we dealt without Thorne and Martin for a good portion of last year... and have dealt without Forsyth and comfortably our best player in Will Hughes all year. Just part of things - using that excuse makes you little different to poor old Nottingham.

Did we cope though without having a load of injuries last year the end of season table says otherwise 

3 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Did we cope though without having a load of injuries last year the end of season table says otherwise 

We dealt with it, didn't exactly cope very well. But we didn't use it as the excuse.

11 minutes ago, Srg said:

We dealt with it, didn't exactly cope very well. But we didn't use it as the excuse.

Am only challenging your point of view as I was challenged when I criticised McClaren for not making the playoffs last year and was given the retort that it was down to injuries either it's true or not true.....

Archived