upcoming gigs

rezner

Jack White was great at the Apollo on Thursday, the highlight being Carla Azar on drums. No pics as it's a phone free venue. 

Booked tickets for Nick Mason doing Saucerful of Secrets in September. 

Next up, Yewstock then daily music at the Square Fayre in Dorset. 

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got tickets for Madness at Ragley Hall, Alcester next Friday. Good weather, a bit of ska beat, really looking forward to it.

Fingers x’d England in Final as backed by the Lightening Seeds, so a rip roaring version of “ football’s coming home” could set them up nicely as a warm up.

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

Setlists looks good. Had is started whilst the football on?

I not been to Hyde Parks gigs before, are they a decent setup?

The festival started at 1 or 2 I think.  My lad and l decided to forego the football, and we were in from 3.15 up to c10.45. The Cure must have done 30 songs from 8.15, and the encore in particular was great. Some great early work.

Second time at Hyde Park, and they are well organised, but there is no escape from the sun.

Also saw Editors, Goldfrapp and Interpol. Good build-up to a mighty closing set.

On 05/07/2018 at 21:08, Zag zig said:

Got tickets for Madness at Ragley Hall, Alcester next Friday. Good weather, a bit of ska beat, really looking forward to it.

Fingers x’d England in Final as backed by the Lightening Seeds, so a rip roaring version of “ football’s coming home” could set them up nicely as a warm up.

I saw Madness at Haydock Park about 5/6 yrs ago. I have to say that I wasn't expecting much from them but they got the place absolutely rocking. Enjoy, I hope they don't disappoint now I've said that.

On 08/07/2018 at 18:17, Steve How Hard? said:

I saw Madness at Haydock Park about 5/6 yrs ago. I have to say that I wasn't expecting much from them but they got the place absolutely rocking. Enjoy, I hope they don't disappoint now I've said that.

Thanks.

First saw them probably a couple years before that at Newmarket nights, for someone in their teens that was more into Rock music, it’s a fair shift to watch them twice since at the NEC with the kids, they remind me bizarrely of Quo, in that they play to all ages.

Mind my tastes have widened all levels from being a long haired teenager bought up on Monsters of Rock and head banging at the Highwayman Inn, Cheadle ?

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, WharfedaleRam said:

Chris Daughtry at Leeds Academy in mid October. He supported Nickelback a few years ago so looking forward to seeing him headlining.

Seeing daughtry at Manchester academy you won’t be disappointed. Excellent live.

On 01/10/2018 at 16:43, Fraser_23 said:

In last couple of weeks I’ve seen arctic monkeys and magic gang. Got courteeners, Sherlock’s, tom Grennan, catfish and the bottlemen and the wombats soon. Buzzin

Also saw Artic Monkeys, can’t say they did it for me, apart from everyone going wild wild at “do you look good on the dance floor” it mostly passed me by, but my eldest and his mates were raving.

Next up for me is likely Pete Tong and the Heritage orchestra for the Ibiza classic.

Archived