upcoming gigs

rezner

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't an 'upcoming' gig but I saw Jeff Tweedy at End of the Road Festival last month.

Now, I already really liked a couple of Wilco albums and was loving his solo album, but it didn't prepare me for how amazing his set was.

I've noe become pretty obsessed with all his stuff/bands and can't believe I haven't been so for years.

Current faves this week are: Hummingbird, Jesus etc and California Stars.

He's got a new solo album out in Nov too, which I think is new songs.

Off to the Stone Faced Wellers in the 1865 club Southampton this evening.

Apparently some Small Faces, Jam, Style Council and Paul Weller tribute.

No idea where the "Stone" bit comes from unless that's referring to the state of them when they turn up on stage.

Its a whole £7 so I'm not expecting too much.

Going to Van Morrison supporting Robert Plant at the O2 on 26th. Have to save my pennies for the big grown-up gigs ?

39 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

He is very good live, saw him LA a few years back and thought the same.

Seeing him in Vegas.. Went out for a beer with my mate, come back and I am going to Lionel Ritchie.. Lesson learned, never leave women alone. The other option was Simple Minds.

5 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Saw a poster for them at Rock City the other night. Not sure when. 

25th of October.

Cheapest tickets are £95 quid on a resale site.

I'm a bit tempted to be honest, I've not fallen this hard for a newish band in ages.

On 04/10/2018 at 20:23, Zag zig said:

Also saw Artic Monkeys, can’t say they did it for me, apart from everyone going wild wild at “do you look good on the dance floor” it mostly passed me by, but my eldest and his mates were raving.

Next up for me is likely Pete Tong and the Heritage orchestra for the Ibiza classic.

Tbh mate I was also expecting more from AM. Weren’t as good as they were hyped 

7 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Seeing Lionel Ritchie later this month.. Not sure what to think really.

Last time I saw him was support for Tina Turner at Sheffield Athletics track (whatever it’s called); anyhow me and the missus went with parents and was pleasantly surprised, he was a great warm up for sure. (Edit 2000, can’t believe it was longer ago than I thought, time really flies!).

You’ll be dancing on the ceiling, all night long?

31 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

25th of October.

Cheapest tickets are £95 quid on a resale site.

I'm a bit tempted to be honest, I've not fallen this hard for a newish band in ages.

duck, how can they get away with that. 'Only' paid £50 for Nick Mason, and £30 something for The The. 

1 minute ago, Lambchop said:

duck, how can they get away with that. 'Only' paid £50 for Nick Mason, and £30 something for The The. 

Pants isn't it. It's far too easy for touts to snaffle up tickets and resell them at a premium online.

11 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Woe is the late adopter!

The The were cheaper for buying them late; think they should have been £50. 

Some experiences are 'unmissable', though, if it's something you're really into. That used to mean queuing for hours or hitching miles, but those days are long gone. 

Archived