upcoming gigs

rezner

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

It's a small world. My brother in law replaced Fraser in Sabbat and plays the occasional gig with Saxon. Andy was going to produce his next album project, but the whole Priest thing has put that on hold.

Ha ha. Yep. Small world indeed.  

Arcade Fire last night was epic, I've seen them 5 or 6 times now and each time been blown away. Never known a band to work so hard to make a stadium concert feel like a club gig that everyone is part of.

First time I've seen a band play in the round and it was brilliant, they were in and out of the crowd, had a procession through the crowd to and from the stage, amazing lighting, unbelievable.

Far and away my favourite band, just a shame I'll have to wait a few years now until their next tour.

1 hour ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Arcade Fire last night was epic, I've seen them 5 or 6 times now and each time been blown away. Never known a band to work so hard to make a stadium concert feel like a club gig that everyone is part of.

First time I've seen a band play in the round and it was brilliant, they were in and out of the crowd, had a procession through the crowd to and from the stage, amazing lighting, unbelievable.

Far and away my favourite band, just a shame I'll have to wait a few years now until their next tour.

Totally agree, they were magnificent. It was my first time I've seen them live after being a fan since I first heard Neon Bible album. Their entrance with the boxing theme was genius, involving the crowd  throughout the whole 2 hours. I'm not ashamed to say I got a little tear in my eye on the first bars of the opening song, Everything Now as I was so  happy to be there and got a little emotional! Absolutely fantastic, I didn't want it to end, brilliant band

19 minutes ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

Totally agree, they were magnificent. It was my first time I've seen them live after being a fan since I first heard Neon Bible album. Their entrance with the boxing theme was genius, involving the crowd  throughout the whole 2 hours. I'm not ashamed to say I got a little tear in my eye on the first bars of the opening song, Everything Now as I was so  happy to be there and got a little emotional! Absolutely fantastic, I didn't want it to end, brilliant band

Tunnels mate, every time. And The Suburbs.

On 16/04/2018 at 15:13, dcfc the 1 4me said:

Got to say, the band in the middle has been tried by a few down the years and I’ve never been quite convinced, so I found it a little corny to start. Then they started playing the music. Everything Now is fast becoming my favourite and loved the encore; as is Rebellion. Regine singing Sprawl II is just Regine at her best though.

I’d add Reflektor to my fav list but that end with Wake Up, it’s just a great join in anthem. Both of you sound like you enjoyed it as much as me and my lot :thumbsup:

On 15/04/2018 at 00:01, Lambchop said:

My ex’s brother in law used to be in Witchfynde. 

I saw them supporting (I think) Def Leppard at the Assembly Rooms inn 1980 - I've also got a copy of the Give 'em Hell single somewhere...

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Just boarding the plane to Dallas for Judas Priest gig...got to say I am more looking forward to seeing Saxon......!!

I'll be going to see Priest in August (Bloodstock) - and Saxon never disappoint. Enjoy, mate.

\m/

12 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Just boarding the plane to Dallas for Judas Priest gig...got to say I am more looking forward to seeing Saxon......!!

4 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

In Dallas now for the Priest/Saxon gig. Go to say I am more excited about Saxon than Priest....

I wonder if he enjoyed Saxon more than Priest?

49 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

I once saw Judas Priest in the old Mecca ballroom on Babbington Lane in Derby in 1976. It's now a large Chinese buffet restaurant.

I only went because my mates were going and it was cheap to get in.

Enjoy. Not Derby but OGWT. Rob Halford, still the greatest voice in metal.

• 2 months later...

Archived