Derby County v Notts Forest

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read my post again

Omar in for Eustace

Bryson in for Hendrick

a 1000 apologies, i was scan reading and thought you said Shotton for Buxton.

Anyway...if Mascarell plays, I think we need Hendrick, though i prefer Bryson generally

I also think that Bryson should play over Hendrick to keep it high tempo in the middle - surely it has to be Mascarell for Eustace (especially if he plays like he did against Wolves!)

I'd be happy to take a scuffed 1-0 right now tbh - everyone is writing them off but I have good memories from a couple of years back when the form was in reverse and we ended up singing for the rest of the season about it - especially as their season imploded after that game!

Unbeaten away,

unbeaten awayayyy,

until they came to Derby!

unbeaten away

M8 Thorne and Hughes are class players mascarell will never be a premiership player if he plays to hes 50 , in fact I'm not sure he's championship class in the role he plays

I agree re. Omar. He will be fine in Spain playing a Busquets kind of role - And, no I don't think he will be likely as good. But the lad is 21, still finding his way with experience and language, and I think he will become a top player for someone, pushed up the pitch a bit, hopefully for us, in the Premier.

My team vs Forest:

Grant

Christie, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth

Mascarell

Hughes Bryson

Russell Martin Ward

Harsh on Hendrick and Ibe to miss out I just think Bryson will add a bit more experience to what would be a very young midfield three and his tireless running will provide better support for Mascarell.

Ward is a perfect player for this sort of game. He'll give it his all, get right in to them, get the crowd going and just in general cause them problems. Ibe has done well and I'd bring him on regardless of the score in the second half but Ward to start and hopefully have the game tied up.

Ward has only scored one league goal less than Russell, and the same amount of Ibe, yet has been injured for what seems like forever now.

The Black Bull Inn Pie Ratings So Far:-

Breakfast Pie 10/10 - Best pie in the world, includes beans, black pudding, sausage, tomato, the works.

The 950 mile round trip to this boozer is now on my list of places to visit before I'm six feet under!

Bryson, Hughes and Hendrick in midfield for me, ......................defensive midfield players day off!

My team vs Forest:

Grant

Mascarell

Hughes Bryson

Russell Martin Ward

Harsh on Hendrick and Ibe to miss out I just think Bryson will add a bit more experience to what would be a very young midfield three and his tireless running will provide better support for Mascarell.

Ward is a perfect player for this sort of game. He'll give it his all, get right in to them, get the crowd going and just in general cause them problems. Ibe has done well and I'd bring him on regardless of the score in the second half but Ward to start and hopefully have the game tied up.

Ward has only scored one league goal less than Russell, and the same amount of Ibe, yet has been injured for what seems like forever now.

Dawkins to start for me, Ward/Ibe for impact if we need them

The 950 mile round trip to this boozer is now on my list of places to visit before I'm six feet under!

Bryson, Hughes and Hendrick in midfield for me, ......................defensive midfield players day off!

I've just remembered I was planning leaving The Black Bull Inn about 5 hours earlier than I did on Saturday, I was going to watch Inverurie Loco Works v Clachnacudden, oh well, the power of a boozer, with a log fire, award winning vodka leftover from a recent vodka festival, that had a hint of cut grass in it, and the local youngsters asking "when is Aberdeen boy Paul Coutts coming on?"........

Hope Billy Davies is watching on Saturday and ready for another go, of "unfinished business part 3"........

It's hard to predict what their team is going to be - for one, Awishiwasatpeterboroughforlonga may be injured and many of their supporters are losing faith in Antonio's ability to drag them out of the dirt. 

I'd say ours will be:

Grant

Mascarell

Hughes, Hendrick

Russell                                  Ibe

Martin

SUBS: Roos, Albentosa, Shotton, Bryson, Dawkins, Ward and Bent

Extremely strong side. 

Grant

Christie

Keogh

Buxton

Forsyth

Mascarell

Hughes

Hendrick

Russell

Martin

Ibe

I think we have quite the settled side after recent wins vs. Birmingham, Leeds and Ipswich, it doesn't make sense to change things unnecessarily or radically. Injuries or suspension permitting, of course.

Dawkins, Ward, Bryson and Bent will give us some enviable options off the bench.

3-1 Derby - feeling confident! :D

Got to be Masc, Hughes and Hendrick in the middle.

In fact, I'd be happy if it's Hendrick and Hughes as the middle two for the rest of the season.

Bryson has been poor this season, came up with some nice goals but midfielders are more than that. We are far more controlled without him in the side.

Good player to bring off the bench and add energy though. 

Grant

Christie Keogh Buxton Forsyth

Hendrick Mascarell Hughes

Russell Martin Ibe

Darlow

Kane Hobbs Lascelles Lichaj

Burke Osborn Lansbury Antonio

Assombalonga Fryatt.

Strangely, that Forest lineup could be their best shot at winning (except perhaps Paterson for Burke). Still not a hope in hell if you ask me though.

Archived