Derby County v Notts Forest

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many factors going in to this one, will Pearce still be at the helm? will they have a new manager? how wil they react under said new manager? lots to think about!

on a separate note I think Eustace missing out is going to impact us much more than we think! huge blow for me. One thing i noticed from him today was he was always directing the midfield and spurring the lads on, at one point with about 10 minutes to go the ball went out of play and he went mental, clapping his hands and shouting "come on lads". He's that essential bit of calm and experience in a young side imo and i think we will miss him against Forest. Hopefuly Omar can step up and it can be a Wolves type performance at home, Eustace or no Eustace we've still got all the tools to dispatch Forest, but i think it will be much, much closer than people think, even to the point of a scrappy goal 

With Eustace being out we don't need anyone who is lightweight.

Forest will come and chase and harry esp now there down in confidence we need someone infront of back four to protect them and masacrell is to lightweight.

What about playing hendrick in front of back four or even ryan shotton ,we need a scrapper in there for this one who ever it is.

Omar and Bryson in, Eustace and Hendrick out.

Was tempted to say Shotton in at RB but Christie's pace would be better v Antonio.

I was also thinking take Buxton out, gets far too excited in these games no matter how many times we read before the game calm heads are needed......then I thought even if Buxton gets sent off we can win with 10 men, Buxton stays.

Agree.....forest will be desperate to avoid defeat, a draw will be celebrated like a european cup, so i expect a tight nervy game. If we stick to our style we'll sneak it.

My thoughts exactly. I think we have enough to beat them, but they will play dirty, flood the midfield and sit deep defensively to stop Ibe and Russell getting in behind. 

Will be tough, but 3 points. Just. 

It'll be close and nervy, but the win v Ipswitch was more important. 1-0 or 1-1 is my guess. The won't win but the must not lose will be strong in gump hearts.

I think it'll be OMG for Eustace the only change.

Bent, Ward, Bryson and Dawins - 3 out of 4 will be the subs unless we have an injury in defence.

Don't think he'll drop Christie for Shotton like at the CG, he's far more proven and this Forest side are a very different prospect. 

With Eustace being out we don't need anyone who is lightweight.

Forest will come and chase and harry esp now there down in confidence we need someone infront of back four to protect them and masacrell is to lightweight.

What about playing hendrick in front of back four or even ryan shotton ,we need a scrapper in there for this one who ever it is.

No need to shout! I agree though starting with Ryan Shotton at CDM is tempting, especially as they'll be expecting and planning for OMG in that position and his being airly lightweight is probably where they'll be looking to hit us.

What is amazing is that last years hat trick hero my not even make the team this time.

At some point we might want to try bryson in that holding role.

Especially now that he doesn't cover the ground like he used to.

John mcgovern played that role.

Alan durban played that role.

Why not bryson?

I would not underestimate Forest's chances in this one. How many times has a local derby reversed the form book?

I would play Mascarell, Hughes and Hendrick though and let them worry about us, not the other way round.

We need the best passers to feed Ibe and Russell more. When they get the ball we look dangerous. Yesterday with Hendrick, Hughes and Eustace scrapping it out the passing was sacrificed.

Bryson has been poor this season. A few bright moments, but overall not close to Hendrick or Hughes IMO. 

His hat trick was last season. His position in this seasons team should be as relevant to last season, as James Baileys. 

The best side we have played yesterday. I like the shotton idea though. 

Rammy you can be a bit of a mammary at times. Bryso will always be remembered for last years achievements, and indeed for his efforts over a number of years, but a) no one is scared of him - even with his unshaven look - and b) he has fallen down the pecking order and in the next few months that will become even more evident. There will be no change in the next game other than Omar for Eust, and just perhaps Bent for Ibe. Christie should play, but defensively the lad needs to improve otherwise Shotton will soon be given the opportunity to step up.

Be amazed if Bryso doesn't start this one , put jeff back in holding role and that's our best 11 , Omar is not good enough shotton is a defender

I actually felt sorry for Stuart Pearce on TV yesterday. He told us how he was very disappointed for the fans who he identifies with totally. The subscript seemed to be 'I do not know how to fix this and it may get worse very quickly'. Not our fault though, Stuart, so 2-0 and you may possibly be looking for a new job very soon.

I think that Florest may play better against us. Let's hope that there are no injuries as some people think that it started their slide when they played us. Relegation is not impossible as they are eight points clear of the bottom three as we stand.

Be amazed if Bryso doesn't start this one , put jeff back in holding role and that's our best 11 , Omar is not good enough shotton is a defender

Valley I love the support you give to your mate, but no point trying to find a place for Bryso by dropping Hendrick into CDM. Mascarell might not be physically equipped, or tactically astute, as yet to perform like Eustace can, but he knows the role and IMO he is already a better technical and balanced footballer than Brys or Eust. If we can get up, I would love to see a midfield 3 of Thorne, Hughes and Mascarell.

Shotton is a defender who could develop I think into a good RB. Be harsh on Christie to drop him, but he still is weak as a defending RB, and in truth whilst we play the system that we do he is not greatly effective going forward. Don't get me wrong, I think he beats players well, and crosses well too, but all to rarely when he is attacking up the line do we have anyone in the box. Now if you had Bent playing slightly in front of Martin then he would be very effective.

I actually felt sorry for Stuart Pearce on TV yesterday. He told us how he was very disappointed for the fans who he identifies with totally. The subscript seemed to be 'I do not know how to fix this and it may get worse very quickly'.

I have only ever felt sorry for Stuart Pearce once, and I withdrew that sympathy when he thought he would cash in on my disappointment by taking the Pizza Hut dollar.

I look forward to the day when Forest start collapsing and he becomes the TV face for Dominos.

Had a look on LTLF and they certainly aren't confident, but why would they be?

Games like this are perfect for teams like Forest who are on a real downward spiral to turn their season around so we mustn't take anything for granted and we mustn't let yesterday count for nothing by allowing another gap to open up.

It won't be as one sided as last season but I thoroughly expect us to win.

I'll go 3-1 to Derby.

Archived