Derby County v Notts Forest

Gritstone Ram

They have forgotten how to win. They have lost before they get on the pitch. Being interested in the psychology of football id say that's a major factor. A few games ago they were playing ok and had some bad luck, disallowed good goals etc. but now they are looking a very poor side with no confidence, no passion and no idea how to change it. The fans are on their backs too, a lot of them support Pearce and blame the players.

If he can't get fire in their bellies for this one then he deserves the sack. I don't think he can.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is Florist most important game of the season

They are so bad at the minute,they think this game will solve it all

This fixture has cost 2 x managers their jobs over the last 2 x seasons,will SP be the third in 3?

Bloody hope so!

Hope wee Kenny Burns enjoys his day out too,and leaves with a bitter taste in his mouth

Well the most important thing is that one of the Aberdeenshire Rams gets down The Black Bull Inn, in InverurIe before 12, to get the TV's sorted. Which probably means me then! Last two live games have included the bar lady wandering in to a back room to have words with a mystery human to try and get the Sky Sports on. This then involves a load of grumbling men at the bar, with nobody to serve the drinks or pies!

Bar lady does come back but it's usually about 12:26 before TV's are working and correct channel selected and then we have to try and get served! Eventually when seated comfortably, pints and pies sorted, bar lady continues at the bar to try correcting a TV near the bar, and the TV we are watching, all of a sudden, sends the picture to a tiny small picture into the top right hand corner, with the Sky Guide on, and a load of middle aged men groaning "bluuudy ell, get the football back on!"

The Black Bull Inn Pie Ratings So Far:-

Breakfast Pie 10/10 - Best pie in the world, includes beans, black pudding, sausage, tomato, the works.

Christmas Pie 09/10 - Turkey, Sprouts, Spuds, Skirlie, the works.

Chicken & Leak 08/10 - Chicken & Leak.

Second dancing class for the "Dancing Queen", and here's hoping he doesn't Tango two tables worth of drinks for a Deon Burton on Saturday. All Gumps welcome for this one, so we can all enjoy the football, pool, darts and jukebox together for this one!

2tups also to turn up dressed as Stan Boardman on his bike singing a song about the Germans bombing his chippie, should be good!

The Breakfast pie sounds like a true Scottish diet.Hold the salad,book an Ambulance straight to intensive care :ph34r:

They have forgotten how to win. They have lost before they get on the pitch. Being interested in the psychology of football id say that's a major factor.

I'd say there are similarities with last season's encounter. I remember watching the Forest players walking out onto the pitch for the second half and they'd already given up. None of them were talking to each other, nobody trying to rally the troops and get them motivated to stage any sort of come back. Broken team of individuals that day.

Grant

Forsyth. Buxton. Keogh. Christie

Mascarell

Bryson Hughes

Ibe. Martin. Russell

Roos, Shotton, Warnock, Bent, Ward, Hendrick, Dawkins

Maybe Shotton will play RB because of Antonio.

Hendrick had an average game, maybe give Bryson a start.

Seem to recall Shotton playing RB at the City Ground this season and Antonio absolutely rinsed him time and time again

That maybe true but the coaching staff might have thought Christie in that situation wouldn't have been suitable. Maybe they were wrong to play Shotton instead of Christie.

Can't wait for this one already... I'm in Derby on Friday night to save my time getting train on Saturday early morning though.  We'll beat them anyway.

..... the power of a boozer, with a log fire, award winning vodka leftover from a recent vodka festival, that had a hint of cut grass in it ....

I have only been over the border 3 times, never to Aberdeen but perhaps somedayInverurie, but in my experience most drinks I have had in Scotland have had a hint of cut glass in them.

Sold out 33,000 to watch this one.. What has happened to Forest, think they will struggle to get a touch and hoof down to their fast 2 players. Is Andy Reid still injured as he limped off against us at the start of the season.

Dominate and control the match, think Best to throw Pearce out even more and face the sack on Saturday evening..

M8 Thorne and Hughes are class players mascarell will never be a premiership player if he plays to hes 50 , in fact I'm not sure he's championship class in the role he plays

Just read this and could not disagree more! You state Thorne and Hughes are class players, yet Hughes cannot perform to Mascarell levels in DM with years of training against only 6 months. We haven't seen Mascarell further upfield yet, and I have no doubt he could do a good job.....probably better suited to the prem than champ but his style is similar to Hughes so we need a different dynamic with him. This does not mean I don't rate Bryson or Hendrick. All very different options.

Archived