Best TV Dramas

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

@eddie there's a 3rd season of Bosch on Amazon Prime. 

Awesome.

I've had a break from AP for the last couple of weeks but will pick it up again soon.

If it hasn't already been mentioned - Big Little Lies has recently finished it's run on Sky Atlantic, and it's very good.  I was put off by a lot of ads for it, as it made it look like Desperate Housewives, but it couldn't be any further from it.  

Plus as a bonus, Nicole Kidman plays with her front bottom!!!

On 5/1/2017 at 00:43, Posh Ram said:

Line of Duty S4 - probably not as good as the previous 3, but still very entertaining, if at times a bit implausible. Worth alone for seeing Adrian Dubar drawl "bent coppers".

Agreed fella!

• 2 weeks later...

Following on from the theme of the abuse of young girls on the Three Girls thread - 

I never got round to watching the second series of Twin Peaks so I'm just watching that (and the first again) in time for the new series which is coming back in style next week.

Such a landmark show! Weird, funny and horrifying. Can't wait for the new one (I sort of know what happens in the second series already which ruins it slightly).

11 hours ago, StringerBell said:

Following on from the theme of the abuse of young girls on the Three Girls thread - 

I never got round to watching the second series of Twin Peaks so I'm just watching that (and the first again) in time for the new series which is coming back in style next week.

Such a landmark show! Weird, funny and horrifying. Can't wait for the new one (I sort of know what happens in the second series already which ruins it slightly).

I think that was the problem with the 2nd season.  Even Lynch & Frost didn't know what was happening, it was made up, very much on the fly.

13 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I think that was the problem with the 2nd season.  Even Lynch & Frost didn't know what was happening, it was made up, very much on the fly.

Apparently the studio interfered with the storyline a bit. It was something of a seminal  show so I'd imagine a lot of people, studio execs included, didn't know what to make of it.

In today's 'golden era' of telly I'd imagine they'll just let them tell the story they want to, knowing there's a fan base. 

On 2017-5-1 at 00:43, Posh Ram said:

Line of Duty S4 - probably not as good as the previous 3, but still very entertaining, if at times a bit implausible. Worth alone for seeing Adrian Dubar drawl "bent coppers".

On 2017-5-9 at 11:53, ramsbottom said:

Agreed fella!

One of the best shows I have ever watched, started watching it when the last episode about to be aired, managed to watch it all with in 2 weeks and also managed not to any spoilers. The last episode of S3 was truly brilliant. 

On 23/05/2017 at 11:46, StringerBell said:

The new Twin Peaks isn't quite like old Twin Peaks.

Christ - watched the first two episodes last night - having spent an entire year being excited about it (rewatched the first two series AND the 3 hour fan edit of Fire Walk With Me)

I wasn't prepared for it to be so weird. And I mean weird in the context of it being Twin Peaks (ie already *quite* weird)

Am I wrong to hope that it becomes a little clearer as to what is actually going on?? :lol:

The only series I've watched are (excluding comedies):

Breaking Bad

Game of Thrones

House of Cards (American version)

The Walking Dead

Better Call Saul

Westworld

Can anyone give me say a top three of series I should definitely watch? I could do with adding to my list. As from the above, I'm pretty open in terms of genre but I do admit I'm a huge fan of medieval fantasy.

23 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Breaking Bad

Game of Thrones

The Walking Dead

Better Call Saul

Westworld

Can anyone give me say a top three of series I should definitely watch? I could do with adding to my list. As from the above, I'm pretty open in terms of genre but I do admit I'm a huge fan of medieval fantasy.

The Wire

Battlestar Galactica (reboot)

Fargo

Friday Night Lights

Justified

Spaced

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Breaking Bad

Game of Thrones

The Walking Dead

Better Call Saul

Westworld

Stranger Things

Preacher

The Strain

All three of which are very much sci-fi/fantasy.

2 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Christ - watched the first two episodes last night - having spent an entire year being excited about it (rewatched the first two series AND the 3 hour fan edit of Fire Walk With Me)

I wasn't prepared for it to be so weird. And I mean weird in the context of it being Twin Peaks (ie already *quite* weird)

Am I wrong to hope that it becomes a little clearer as to what is actually going on?? :lol:

I think it will, but that you might have to scour Reddit for answers first.

-speaking of weird, I was reading the reason the little man from the Black Lodge has been replaced by an electric tree with a brain on top. He's said David Lynch basically acted like BOB towards his own daughter and forced her to write the diary of Laura Palmer.

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Breaking Bad

Game of Thrones

The Walking Dead

Better Call Saul

Westworld

Gomorrah

Line of Duty

The Wire.

Archived