Cardiff (H) - Match thread

Eoghan1884

7 hours ago, jono said:

Of those, someone on their forum reckons only NML is worthy of them now and he’d only make the bench. Hope Ebou particularly shows them what’s what 😊

I can guarantee that any team in the Championship that’s conceded 80 goals in their last 50 league games could use Ebou. What have we conceded with him on the pitch, 10 goals in 20 odd games? 

Think tomorrow will be tough. Yes we were good against Bristol but that in itself was a ‘bounce-back’ performance after the shocker at Barrow, will be hard to get up for it in quite the same way.

That said, if we start well and get PP going behind the players hopefully we can carry some of our momentum on. Shame the break came when it did!

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I can guarantee that any team in the Championship that’s conceded 80 goals in their last 50 league games could use Ebou. What have we conceded with him on the pitch, 10 goals in 20 odd games? 

Not a bad guess. 10 in 22 with Adams on the pitch

Edited by Ghost of Clough

I've missed two league games so far, and they were both wins. Both times were because of Friday nights out that rendered me incapable of making it to the laptop in time for the early morning kick off.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm staying in tonight.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

Believe me if we show the same attitude, aggression, and the speed of thought and movement like we did against Bristol, then the 3 points will be ours, lets also make sure that us the fans back the lads from the first whistle to the last, all Rams fans as one, roar the lads onto victory. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I've missed two league games so far, and they were both wins. Both times were because of Friday nights out that rendered me incapable of making it to the laptop in time for the early morning kick off.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm staying in tonight.

And u call your self a Ram, DCFC over booze everytime, enjoy the drink after the Rams victory, hope u enjoy the game mate. 

48 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Not a bad guess. 10 in 22 with Adams on the pitch

Usually you couldn’t attribute such a thing to just one player, defending is a team requirement, but his influence in that regard is like nothing else I can remember. The ability to almost be involved or near the ball constantly is such an unsung requirement. 

I think tomorrow is an interesting test of whether the Bristol result has had any impact on the views of other teams on us.

Bristol was a seismic shift in our own collective view of this team in terms of being able to play progressive, exciting football on equal terms with teams in this division. It was an event. I think I’m right in saying that many older fans cite a cup match against Chelsea in the early years under Clough as being the moment they knew something different was happening?  I’ve not experienced anything like the Bristol game before and I have spent nearly two weeks wondering if this was our ‘Chelsea moment’.

Having said all that Bristol won’t mean anything remotely on that scale to the opposition and I see it going one of two ways. Either they see the Bristol game as a bad day at the office for the Robins and they come to roll us over.  In this scenario I think we’ll see a good game with the Rams out scoring the Bluebirds.

The alternative is that the Brizzle result and a lack of confidence see’s a defensive performance Cardiff performance possibly with them happy to concede possession. Here I’m expecting a dour game which only opens up with an early goal but might be settled by a late strike either way.

The one thing we do know from the Bristol game is the importance of us all getting behind the team. So let’s do this. 100%. Come on you Rams! 🖤🐏

Football is back (again)

Time to get this ball rolling again.

Survival the agenda, 3 points today will go a long way to that.

Don’t care how we do it, 11 on the goal line for 89 minutes after bouncing one in at the other end off Collins arse.

The bobble hat could have been back out as well, but the weather looks like it’s changed it’s mind.  

Thankfully no snow forecast.

14 hours ago, jono said:

Is it just me ? Maybe it’s the international break, or the good performance against Bristol, not sure, but I haven’t been as eager for a game in a long while. Think if we are on song it’s comfortably winnable. I think it’s that that’s  fuelling the enthusiasm. The nagging doubt about one of those “sleepy” performance remains; but 3 points tomorrow would surely lay down a big marker as in  “we don’t want to go to Derby, they aren’t also rans or relegation fodder” Big game ! As much as the points it’s about the chance to cement self belief in what is in essence a new team. 

Pretty please footballing gods ! COYR

Boro and Bristol both came and had a go at us. Cardiff, low on confidence, will likely sit back and defend, and play for the point.

Do we have the players and tactical nouse to break down a team set up to defend?

Today's game will be very different to the last 2 home games. Will be a good test to see if we have got what it takes to get into a comfortable mid table spot. 

Expecting -

JWZ

Niambe Cashin Nels Elder 

Ebou Ozoh 

Kenzo 

Jackson   Yates    NML

Phillips will wait for his chance. 

Harness could get the customary Barks run-out. Wilson on as sub too. Osborne and Thompson replacements if legs are needed. 

Still worry if Yates pulls up or isn't really firing that we haven't got a similar replacement.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Actually in Derbyshire for once. But also actually at a wedding. Unfortunately sacking it off for to get to match isn't going to be an option. Kinda gutted.

Still, hope Yates gets one and all the ex-cardiff lads make them wish it had snowed.

Times like these are when I really miss B4.

He would be here giving you advice on how you can sneak out for a couple of hours, make the game and forget the wife.

He will never be forgotten. 

13 hours ago, DerbyAleMan said:

Believe me if we show the same attitude, aggression, and the speed of thought and movement like we did against Bristol, then the 3 points will be ours, lets also make sure that us the fans back the lads from the first whistle to the last, all Rams fans as one, roar the lads onto victory. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

You sound like you are channeling B4 , he will be up there saying just the same thing . COYR !! ....get behind the lads !!

Supporting the Alzheimer's Society at the game today:

When she was with us, I'd normally drop in on my Gran in Littleover before the game. She'd ask who we were playing today, and I'd tell her. A couple of minutes later she'd ask who we were playing today. It was horrid for her. Terrible how it eats away at our brains.

Edited by Carl Sagan