Bristol City (H) - Match Thread

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

This is brilliant. I’ll let everyone figure out why. 

I'm struggling...

Do all the first letters spell out a rude word? If I turn my phone sideways is the formation in the shape of a Ram? Read backwards does it tell me to kill someone?

Probably the best team performance since Warne took over really enjoyed that.

Now comes the big question without doubt you have to play Nat Phillips but i hope we then dont get drawn back in to playing 3 at the back,for me stick to this 4-2-3-1 system we looked far more secure defensively which gave our front 4 if you like more freedom. 

5 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I'm struggling...

Do all the first letters spell out a rude word? If I turn my phone sideways is the formation in the shape of a Ram? Read backwards does it tell me to kill someone?

It’s brilliant because it takes everything good we just saw, and says “nah”. Does something completely different with square pegs in round holes, like Kenzo at wing back. It’s genius. Cardiff won’t suspect a thing. Sneak attack. 

That’s how you respond to a cup upset.  Warne said we wouldn’t play every game like Middlesbrough and he was right.  We were right to set up that way against them but I think this is how he really wants us to play.  Lots of energy, not giving them time, solid defensively and moving the ball quickly.  The midfield 3 has a really good balance.  There’s energy, composure and good football ability in tight situations.  Yates link up play was superb.

MOTM was tough.  I thought it was between Yates and Kenzo but Elder ran them close.  He didn’t put a foot wrong and had his best game in a Rams shirt.  Last season was very stop-start for him, hopefully he can have a good run of games and build his confidence.

12 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Probably the best team performance since Warne took over really enjoyed that.

Now comes the big question without doubt you have to play Nat Phillips but i hope we then dont get drawn back in to playing 3 at the back,for me stick to this 4-2-3-1 system we looked far more secure defensively which gave our front 4 if you like more freedom. 

Yeah I hope Liverpool didn't insert a clause into the loan deal that he has to make a certain amount of appearances.

Well done Derby, 9 players who started today was Warne signings, we had pace, a great attitude, strength, and played some great stuff, best game for me in the last 3 seasons , that midfield 3 was solid, and Kenzo was a joy to watch, and the Atmosphere from us fans was fantastic, all my mates who have been going for years are 100 percent behind Mr Clowes and Warne, and with the 2 new signings we made yesterday, I believe we will be mid table, which after all the s*** we have been through is a great achievement. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

One other thing I got wrong was Adams and Ozoh as the two sitters. Thought they were too similar and we would be better with the likes of Osbourn/Thompson over Adams for team balance. 

They both complemented eachother very well in a double pivot. Getting forward when needed, when then other one sat back.

Will be interesting on the structure if we go to a back 5. Unless we keep midfield three and play two up top.

Something special happening this season. I've not had this feeling in about 10 years since the peak of the mclaren era. 

Epitomised by JWZ running the length of the pitch to celebrate the 3rd goal. 

SO refreshing to see the right players in the right roles and having trust that they'll do their job.

Gonna get an Ozoh shirt this year. Not seen a player shrug off the opposition like that in my 20 years of watching Derby. Sensational. 

29 minutes ago, JPRamFan said:

Yeah I hope Liverpool didn't insert a clause into the loan deal that he has to make a certain amount of appearances.

Agreed, but if we did have to return him in that instance, it'd be because the players who are contracted (rather than loaned) are playing out of their skins. It's a win-win for me.

9 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

Something special happening this season. I've not had this feeling in about 10 years since the peak of the mclaren era. 

Epitomised by JWZ running the length of the pitch to celebrate the 3rd goal. 

SO refreshing to see the right players in the right roles and having trust that they'll do their job.

Gonna get an Ozoh shirt this year. Not seen a player shrug off the opposition like that in my 20 years of watching Derby. Sensational. 

It was a great run by JWZ but ended in a bit of an anti climax because by the time he got there the celebrations were almost over. 
It was great to see though and gave me the feeling he is already into this team 100%.