Vs Watford (A) Match Thread

DCFC1388

6 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Absolutely agree with this. First two games his touch and decision making has been poor.

I said in the summer that I think CBT is the one we see as the replacement and the chance to rotate NML. But obviously that hasn't worked out as of yet.

Oh yes, CBT, thanks for the reminder. I'd almost forgotten he was a member of the  squad.....

1 minute ago, McArthur Park said:

Looking forward to the trip tomorrow. Does anyone remember walking through the allotments to get to Vicarage Road? I was sad to see they're no longer there, it's the only thing I remember about my previous visit some thirty years ago! 

Me, I do. Was a very odd walk to the away end. 

Watford truly is a sh*thole. The only notable thing about it is the chippy we'd always get stuff from after the game and the knowledge that London was only a half hour train ride away.

On 20/08/2024 at 19:33, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I'm glad someone else has said this 😂.

I think he's been pretty poor in the first couple of games and I hope we're not having to rely on him as much as we did last season.

The blokes been playing virtually all summer internationally and also getting very little rest time in the Balearics ... what with his phone slapping etc .. also hes the captain .. he will come good no doubt and unlikely to be rested just yet ... expect a future "niggle" will keep him out of a couple of whatever Warne deems the more winnable games . 

3 hours ago, bucktwo said:

The blokes been playing virtually all summer internationally and also getting very little rest time in the Balearics ... what with his phone slapping etc .. also hes the captain .. he will come good no doubt and unlikely to be rested just yet ... expect a future "niggle" will keep him out of a couple of whatever Warne deems the more winnable games . 

He's not really mate. He played two games. His last one being 8th June.

They played Argentina on the 15th June and NML didn't play.

We came back for training a month later.

He's had plenty of rest time. Can't really use the fact he played 2 games in early June as an excuse.

9 hours ago, Crewton said:

Watford truly is a sh*thole. The only notable thing about it is the chippy we'd always get stuff from after the game and the knowledge that London was only a half hour train ride away.

I'm a bit biased here as don't live too far away. It's got some great independent restaurants, brilliant old theatre, fairly decent shops if needed. I've been to far worse places.

28 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

He's not really mate. He played two games. His last one being 8th June.

They played Argentina on the 15th June and NML didn't play.

We came back for training a month later.

He's had plenty of rest time. Can't really use the fact he played 2 games in early June as an excuse.

Yea, ok ... 

I just think there are plenty of reasons that any player can have an off day or loss of form over a short period . There could well be tactical positioning etc etc .. 10 games in we can make a better judgement . 

I believe he is a crucial player this season and will provide plenty of vital contributions. 

6 minutes ago, Topram said:

Osborn is a massive miss 

Is he definitely out? We’ll probably bring in Ebou if so, although Thommo would be more of a direct replacement for Osborn. I can see the attraction of two sitting midfielders though, make us as solid as possible.

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

I'm a bit biased here as don't live too far away. It's got some great independent restaurants, brilliant old theatre, fairly decent shops if needed. I've been to far worse places.

Surprisingly, I've never been interested in any of those facilities when going to Vicarage Road for a Rams game 😉 I was judging it more on the distinct lack of decent pubs that sell the stuff I'm interested in drinking at an away match. Personal perhaps, but for that and other reasons, it doesn't rank highly on my list of great away day locations. Obviously, being in the south-east it's going to have sufficient local wealth to support the kind of businesses you mentioned.

13 hours ago, McArthur Park said:

Looking forward to the trip tomorrow. Does anyone remember walking through the allotments to get to Vicarage Road? I was sad to see they're no longer there, it's the only thing I remember about my previous visit some thirty years ago! 

I remember all the Ilson hooligans wearing berets for some reason , strange times ! i`m there today blooding a 10 yr old with his first away trip COYRs

On 23/08/2024 at 09:41, SECornerRAM said:

Warne may have been 'lucky' and got out of a tricky decision 

Vickers got an injury in training 

That sounds like the convenient and ubiquitious "thigh strain" often trotted out to disguise someone being dropped. Still harsh on the lad, whatever has happened.

1 hour ago, hales300k said:

I remember all the Ilson hooligans wearing berets for some reason , strange times ! i`m there today blooding a 10 yr old with his first away trip COYRs

Hope he enjoys it! My 25 year old is driving us, his first visit to Vicarage Road!