Dajaune Brown

Sean

Interesting and apparently fair assessment from Warne:

Brown has no shortage of suitors waiting to take him and Warne says clubs have been eager to make presentations to him just in case he is allowed to leave.

"I am at that point and I would rather him stay," he said. "But I am also aware that I am trying to develop him like be it in January or next summer, he can be one of our main number nines.

"That's the career path we want for him. He hasn't asked to leave so I am just putting that out there. He's not knocking on the door every two minutes.

"I want to try to give him minutes where I can, not out of charity, because he's a good player and deserves it. But if he doesn't get enough then I could potentially loan him out in Jan.

47 minutes ago, Srg said:

He can't go anywhere without us bringing in signings. 

Thought his movement, pace and being in the correct positions was very good against Chesterfield. Should have scored the close range header and the flicked header was close. The 1v1 was a poor first touch, so room for improvement. Would prefer to see him develop here, as Warne’s MO is get it out wide and cross it, along with set pieces. His first goal in the Championship will give him a massive boost . Burton it is then🙄

52 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Interesting and apparently fair assessment from Warne:

Brown has no shortage of suitors waiting to take him and Warne says clubs have been eager to make presentations to him just in case he is allowed to leave.

"I am at that point and I would rather him stay," he said. "But I am also aware that I am trying to develop him like be it in January or next summer, he can be one of our main number nines.

"That's the career path we want for him. He hasn't asked to leave so I am just putting that out there. He's not knocking on the door every two minutes.

"I want to try to give him minutes where I can, not out of charity, because he's a good player and deserves it. But if he doesn't get enough then I could potentially loan him out in Jan.

In the RamsTV interview, he also stated Brown has come back to pre-season better than he [Warne] expected.

Brown will give opposition defenders something different to defend - put him into the mixer and let’s see what he does for real and then he and us will find out what to improve on - if he scores 10 goals this season he becomes worth at least £5 million whilst Collins scores ten goals and finds another club with our best wishes 

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

In the RamsTV interview, he also stated Brown has come back to pre-season better than he [Warne] expected.

Think it's clear Warne rates the lad quite highly and I think it's also clear he probably should! I think others have probably called in right when they say that if we don't get another credible striker option in, Dajaune should stay. Obviously we all want what's best for the lad and Derby County, so I guess we have to trust those seeing the lad train every day and hope they make the right call.

Hope he goes out on loan tbh as that will mean we've got another starting No.9 in.  

Yates, Collo and A.N.Other should see us through until at least January, if not the whole season.  Brown can go out on loan to a Lg1 team, score a shed load of goals and be a part of the squad next season.

3 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Hope he goes out on loan tbh as that will mean we've got another starting No.9 in.  

Yates, Collo and A.N.Other should see us through until at least January, if not the whole season.  Brown can go out on loan to a Lg1 team, score a shed load of goals and be a part of the squad next season.

rather have Yates, Brown and another and let Collins go.

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

rather have Yates, Brown and another and let Collins go.

I can see the logic but I'd personally rather Brown got 90 mins week in week out in Lg1 rather than train with the first time and get the occasional 5 mins here or there in the Championship. 

Brown needs a goal for Derby. If he could get one and then do something positive in the next game ie. Assist or goal, he then goes from being a loan out option to being an asset for our first team.

If he scored the winner against boro then imo there would be no chance of him going out on loan until at least Jan.

His foot is through the door now, just got to give the manager and club a reason to not slam it on him.

Has to go out on loan at a club that will give him a chance to succeed

As much as it feels like you want him playing in league one, it may be just as good to play for a league two side that are challenging, dominating games and giving him lots of chances

Can’t stay here in my opinion, could be a bit of a rough ride in a relegation scrap and I’d personally want him protected from that with the idea that he will compete for the starting job next season

While it’s sexier to have your exciting academy grad up top than a Cauley Woodrow, I’d take the known quantity (e.g. Woodrow has scored 10-15 for a lower championship side in the past).

46 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I can see the logic but I'd personally rather Brown got 90 mins week in week out in Lg1 rather than train with the first time and get the occasional 5 mins here or there in the Championship. 

And a what pont does he get his chance in Derby's first team? This season we are building. Next season we hopefully consolidate and strengthen further which will make it even more difficult for him to break into the first team

For me he stays and is an option along with our other strikers. 

17 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

And a what pont does he get his chance in Derby's first team? This season we are building. Next season we hopefully consolidate and strengthen further which will make it even more difficult for him to break into the first team

For me he stays and is an option along with our other strikers. 

I think PW summed it up in his recent interview - is there more benefit in him hanging around the first team and getting occasional game time or is their more benefit in him playing week in week out in a division below?  He admitted he still didn't know what to do, my opinion is loan him out and get him playing 90mins every week.  I can however see the value in keeping him though.  Tough call, but if we get another starting No.9, I'd loan him out.