Vs Middlesbrough (H) Match Thread

DCFC1388

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Boro have signed Tommy Conway from Bristol City for £5 mill . They seem to have a healthy , competitive, mid table budget . 1-0 up as well .

I've said it before. Boro made £25 million in player sales last season. So of course they will have a good budget.

They're a team that will be going for top 6/automatic promotion.

We've just come up from league one and we're nowhere near that yet.

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Boro have signed Tommy Conway from Bristol City for £5 mill . They seem to have a healthy , competitive, mid table budget . 1-0 up as well .

They’re not a mid table side. Try a different one. 

Regardless of the result, I am happy that Crooke no longer plays for Curley's mob. Last we played them at theirs he committed 3 red card offences, another two yellow card offences, and only collected one yellow, so was still on the pitch to score the winner from an offside position. So my only gripe is that we are likely to be "Madley'd", even though there is no need for him to screw us over again. Come on Derby, do your best!

7 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Boro finished 8th last season after losing 17 games . No Parachute payments . Nothing special with home gates and an inexperienced manager . We should have nothing to fear . 

8th isn’t mid table, and last season has little bearing on their ambition for this season. 

59 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Every team including DCFC should have “Ambition”. Are you trying to prepare us for a battering on Saturday? My ambition is for us to make PP a fortress this season . 

I’m trying to promote realism, rather than sarcastic posts about a midtable budget. 

4 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Boro tore Leeds apart with fast counter-attacking. Frankly I think we're on for a hiding!

They also narrowly beat Swansea 1-0 late on and had 4 shots on target. 

They wont play like they did last night every week. But we need to be good defensively here.

3 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Boro finished 8th last season after losing 17 games . No Parachute payments . Nothing special with home gates and an inexperienced manager . We should have nothing to fear . 

Using the same logic we're still a L1 promotion chasing side?

These lot could easily be top 2 at end of the season. They stuck with Carrick through a rough spell because it was down to losing key players and they ended the season in decent form. They’ve then spent what £10m this summer once they get Conway signed? 

2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

They also narrowly beat Swansea 1-0 late on and had 4 shots on target. 

They wont play like they did last night every week. But we need to be good defensively here.

Late on? 25th minute penalty. Since when was 25 minutes "late on"?

Against Swansea they had 36% possession, 18 shots and 4 of them on target and another 7 blocked. They limited Swansea to just 5 shots and none on target

At L**ds 41% possession. 17 shots, 7 on target. a 0-3 win.

We underestimate them at our peril. They are looking as though they're a very good counter team. What are we susceptible to? Teams on the counter. I hope we give them a drubbing, as I do with every opponent. However, I don't see it happening.

20 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Late on? 25th minute penalty. Since when was 25 minutes "late on"?

Against Swansea they had 36% possession, 18 shots and 4 of them on target and another 7 blocked. They limited Swansea to just 5 shots and none on target

At L**ds 41% possession. 17 shots, 7 on target. a 0-3 win.

We underestimate them at our peril. They are looking as though they're a very good counter team. What are we susceptible to? Teams on the counter. I hope we give them a drubbing, as I do with every opponent. However, I don't see it happening.

Mate you are right. I looked at it and I swear it said 75th, so I read that wrong.

But my point is Leeds were so open last night, so I am hoping we do not make the same mistakes.

It is gonna be a very hard game, I think these will be a top 6 and potentially top 3 side this season who have been building for years. They are way ahead of us at the moment. Buts 11 against 11 against a team in our division. 

3 hours ago, Carnero said:

There's nothing to counter-attack if we sit deep and counter-attack them

Steve Brule Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

This is what I expected us to do at Blackburn. We did the opposite and left ourselves naively open. 

So, do I want a boring 0-0 or set-piece 1-0 and backs-to-the-wall performance on Saturday or an entertaining but depressing 2-4 again?