Vs Chesterfield (H) Match Thread

23 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Vickers 

Nyambe Nelson Bradley Forsyth 

Kenzo Ebou Thompson

Jackson Brown NML

This would be a great opportunity for Brown, and given our problems up front it would be great for him to score a couple and get himself into the team for Saturday. I’m almost certain Warne will go with Collins though. 

Definitely! 

1 hour ago, Arsene Titman said:

Are any TV stations showing the game tonight.?

Sky Sports + (basically the replaced red button service) is showing it. A positive as Carabao Cup games were very hard to come by previously as Rams TV couldn't show them either. 

On 12/08/2024 at 08:12, Jimbo Ram said:

Because we looked so vulnerable defensively on Friday night. With Fozzy providing more cover, our wing backs can play more to their strengths offensively.

A back 4 with 2 actual full backs might be more solid still.

Perhaps Paul Warne is empirically working out his best formation by adding one more defender per week until we end up with all 11 packed behind the ball.....😉

6 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Attendance. It's the League Cup. Opening rounds have seen lower crowds everywhere in recent seasons.

I think the club might have missed a trick though. It's a Derbyshire Derby, They'll be bringing a fair contingency. If the South had also been open, and not just the East, I think we'd have sold more than we have so far.

Not sure it would make much difference. I stood in the South end v Crewe in the FAC replay last season and  the crowd was less than 6.5k, with about 1.5k Crewe fans. Should be a bigger gate tonight.

14 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Not sure it would make much difference. I stood in the South end v Crewe in the FAC replay last season and  the crowd was less than 6.5k, with about 1.5k Crewe fans. Should be a bigger gate tonight.

Now that every non saturday 3pm kick off is now on Sky Sports +, it's bound to have an effect on the gate. Even you haven't got Sky, you can get a one day pass.

It'll be nice and warm tonight, just hope that I can get back to my car after the match, before the rain comes.

3 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Now that every non saturday 3pm kick off is now on Sky Sports +, it's bound to have an effect on the gate. Even you haven't got Sky, you can get a one day pass.

It'll be nice and warm tonight, just hope that I can get back to my car after the match, before the rain comes.

Enjoy. Wish I could make it there myself, but too far away with work today.

38 minutes ago, ram59 said:

What is this one day pass people talk about , I’ve looked at now tv and they have a subscription you need to have to be able to buy a one day pass ?

The team I would go with tonight is this:

Vickers

Nyambe   Nelson   Bradley   Forsyth 

Goudmijn   Thompson   Adams

NML   Jackson   CBT (if available, even if for 45 minutes) or Brown with Jackson going out wide

Subs: (if everything goes to plan)

Fornah <-> Goudmijn

Robinson <-> Adams

Elder <-> Nelson (Forsyth moves to CB)

Wilson <-> NML

Osborn <-> CBT (or Jackson)

The key tonight will be to finish Chesterfield off early, a bit like we did with Bristol Rovers in Warne’s first season with us. Defensively, Chesterfield are there for the taking. There back line will likely consist of Gordon (bristols LB in the game I mentioned previously), Dunkley (signed from Shrewsbury), Grimes and Campbell. There are most vulnerable to balls over the top of the CB pairing. For a progressional team they have conceded a ridiculous amount of goals in exactly the same way. Their opposition plays a through ball either over the top or through the middle of the CBs from deep with a quick striker running through unopposed. They also concede a number of goals from opposition players running at them, with the Swindon CB on Friday running unopposed from the half way line before unleashing a rocket into the top corner.

Hopefully, we avoid another Crewe Alexandra away tactical style as they will happily head away any cross into the box.

When defending tonight we’ll need to press them as they do give the ball away needlessly when under pressure, which can result in dangerous counter attacks. Their CM partnership of Oldaker and Banks are very effective when given time to pick their passes, but when pressed look like non league footballers. Their biggest danger is on the wings, which is why I think it’s important to have Forsyth and Nyambe playing. If we are able to nullify Dobra / Colclough / Jacobs / Mandeville (whichever combination they play) we will have an even better chance of winning.

36 minutes ago, Archied said:

What is this one day pass people talk about , I’ve looked at now tv and they have a subscription you need to have to be able to buy a one day pass ?

https://www.nowtv.com/sports-purchase?DCMP=knc-brand-google:nc_sports&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwiOy1BhDCARIsADGvQnCnnIo62Q4SbtrvkNkH1D4FyeUHTl_AUm9RzwLoM310qrURALhK-HEaAqpnEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

7 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Have we sold out for tonight? I’ve got home earlier than I expected but can’t find anywhere to buy a ticket for tonight.

Think the tickets go off sale online 2 hours before kick off. You can still go down and get one from the ticket office up until 15 mins after kick off though.