Kenzo Goudmijn

9 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Dutch football is, indeed, less hectic, more controlled. As others have said, he'll acclimatise. 

Puzzled by some of the comments on other "socials" saying he was crap...

Heard some comments in person saying he was s***.  For me he wasnt particularly good like some are making out as he missed placed quite a few sloppy passes but he was alright would be abit of a joke to say something like send him back to Holland hes s**** like a few will be saying if he doesnt play well saturday and we lose 😅.

You just know that will happen and the same for the Swedish gk as I think there is abit of xenophobia around foreign signings.

Edited by Marriot Ram99

I think Kenzo was trying to make things happen. You could see the intent there even if things didn’t always come off.

However until we get the team balanced and settled and we get a focal point up front and some control in midfield, his qualities will be wasted it seems.

He will be much more effective when the players have a better understanding and he has players to link up with.

Bird and Hourihane played with NML, Collins, and Barkhuizen for two years. You could see that in some of the goals we scored last season. These players haven’t built that kind of chemistry with Kenzo yet.

I think hes got bags of potential, really good buy! Liked how he dropped deep to get the ball friday and made a run forward, looks the type of player that wants to make things happen, get us going 🤞! Looks a quality player and should only get better imo!

Only critism is he got caught and knocked off the ball a couple times! He probs needs to work on his strength and the pace of the championship but im sure he will adapt! Quality player on first appearances, hope hes used higher up the pitch and leave ozoh and ebou doing the dirty work!

Up the Rams 🐏🐏

49 minutes ago, De22Ram said:

I think hes got bags of potential, really good buy! Liked how he dropped deep to get the ball friday and made a run forward, looks the type of player that wants to make things happen, get us going 🤞! Looks a quality player and should only get better imo!

Only critism is he got caught and knocked off the ball a couple times! He probs needs to work on his strength and the pace of the championship but im sure he will adapt! Quality player on first appearances, hope hes used higher up the pitch and leave ozoh and ebou doing the dirty work!

Up the Rams 🐏🐏

Sorry , didn’t like how he dropped deep. We have plenty of midfielders that do that . In and around the opposition box is where he is paid to be , it’s tough we know . But he will be judged on Assists and Goals . 

15 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Sorry , didn’t like how he dropped deep. We have plenty of midfielders that do that . In and around the opposition box is where he is paid to be , it’s tough we know . But he will be judged on Assists and Goals . 

Goudmijn is a #8. Part of that role is to drop deep, and his skill set is getting teams further up the pitch through his range of passing and dribbling, You nullify those skills by putting him "in and around the opposition box". He's a creator, not a scorer.

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Goudmijn is a #8. Part of that role is to drop deep, and his skill set is getting teams further up the pitch through his range of passing and dribbling, You nullify those skills by putting him "in and around the opposition box". He's a creator, not a scorer.

So his passing and dribbling is Nullified when he gets near the opposition box . Wow , never heard of that before . 

6 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

So his passing and dribbling is Nullified when he gets near the opposition box . Wow , never heard of that before . 

Sounds like you've just made up what position he has played previously, and what position he has been brought in to play. Not sure what you're basing it on. However, it does mean you'll likely be disappointed as dropping deep is a large part of his game.

33 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

In and around the opposition box is where he is paid to be , it’s tough we know . But he will be judged on Assists and Goals . 

This is wrong for 2 reasons:

1. Your description here is literally of a striker. Kenzo has always been a midfielder; part of that role can be dropping deep, irregardless if you're an #8 or a more traditional #4.
2. You're not qualified to talk about what he's paid to do, none of us are. Only the club decide if he's doing what they're paying him to, and the details of that stay between employer and employee- very strange way to word this. 

5 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Nobody has said that, just that part of the role he's played his whole career involves being involved at both ends of the pitch, not just one. It explains a lot though that you ''didn't like'' a midfielder playing like... *checks notes... a midfielder. Can't say that does a lot for your general footballing credibility if you're judging a midfielder on a striker's metrics though.

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

This is wrong for 2 reasons:

1. Your description here is literally of a striker. Kenzo has always been a midfielder; part of that role can be dropping deep, irregardless if you're an #8 or a more traditional #4.
2. You're not qualified to talk about what he's paid to do, none of us are. Only the club decide if he's doing what they're paying him to, and the details of that stay between employer and employee- very strange way to word this. 

Nobody has said that, just that part of the role he's played his whole career involves being involved at both ends of the pitch, not just one. It explains a lot though that you ''didn't like'' a midfielder playing like... *checks notes... a midfielder. Can't say that does a lot for your general footballing credibility if you're judging a midfielder on a striker's metrics though.

I was at the Blackburn game and didn’t see us creating much from open play . I had hoped that Kenzo would be our attacking midfielder . As I have only coached at Academy level to U16 age group , I am probably way off the mark . 

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

If a midfielder is on the edge of the box, chances are he has a packed defence in front of him - you won't find many midfielders who will dribble through a packed defence.

On passing, you only have to look at his penetrating pass from the half way line through to Jackson to understand the vision and passing ability he has. You don't tend to get those passes when standing on the edge of the box.

8 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I was at the Blackburn game and didn’t see us creating much from open play . I had hoped that Kenzo would be our attacking midfielder . As I have only coached at Academy level to U16 age group , I am probably way off the mark . 

More that you're maybe judging him unfairly here. To be fair, even #9s drop deep (see common criticism of Harry Kane); it's rare midfielders don't do this unless explicitly instructed not to e.g. Vydra as #10 in 18/19 (I'd classify him as a forward but considering him a midfielder illustrates this point better)

In fairness, Kenzo's brightest moment was when he dropped deep to pick up the ball, dribbled past his man, and then played a through ball to Jackson. To me, that is far more valuable in our midfield than if he just lingered on the edge of the box but the supply wasn't there to enable him to do anything in that position?