v Blackburn (A) Match Thread

Day

2 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Cashin though is plodding back for the 4th goal and I have to say he looks very laboured this season including pre season 

He looks like he has a lot more muscle since last season to me and maybe that has cost him speed/agility. 

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Going to be a lot harder to attract players now….

Did u not hear the 4k plus away fans

tell me a player that doesnt want to play infront of that … oh and the 30k plus home fans

we’re still a big deal and a big pull for any player

Not worried yet. We've started slowly, and a blow against a team (based purely on last season) we want to be looking at beating.

It's a reality check - it was always going to be.

Lord, I strongly dislike Chris Sutton. I thought initially he was just playing a role on 606, but he was like it tonight. Odious. I'm blaming him.

3 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Very obvious Jackson is a winger and a winger only, elder Vickers and barkhuizen are as expected not up to the standard. I’d play Collins up top with Jackson on the wing and Osborn left back until we get one in. Ozoh is very raw and will have the odd off game it’s normal. Some positives to take and also were never good on opening day.

Collo’s work without the ball is reason enough to have him starting. Occupies an opposition player and he’s the best presser at the club 

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Two defenders scored from set pieces. 

NML aside, the forwards offered little threat.

We didn't need them to, because we scored twice from set pieces. That should usually be enough to get a result.

If it bothers you that scoring twice undermines your point, you should evaluate why that upsets you. Would you have preferred we didn't score them goals so it solidified your point?

Some soul searching to do. Long season mate.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You mean when 4-1 down with 5 to go? Why would we bring a forward on? Everyone knows it's a defender and 2 DMs you need to bring on to make sure you don't concede more.

I ment before that  didn't I, ja kson done f*** all in the second half, why the f*** would I mean bring him on when we are  4 - 1 down

14 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

But Cashins played here before and was motm most weeks.  He needs to concentrate on defending and not hoofing it down the wing which pulls him out wide to make the pass, or having to push into midfield where he will get caught out.  His situation is being caused by the teams lack of collection and retention in midfield.   

He is like a moth to a flame...he jist runs & attacks the ball even when its not there & is out of position alot. He will get found out this season.

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Oh and for anyone advocating we give Warne time no matter what the results are, he's been relegated from this division every time he's had a full season in it, so how long do we give him before a decision has to be made?

Probably more than 1 game I'd suggest 🙃

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Fickle would suggest that I have been a Warne fan at some point. Perhaps you should redo your GCSEs.

What I wrote was an accurate reflection of the game. We are currently the worst team in the league with the worst manager. It ain’t gonna end well.

EDIT: Okay maybe Rooney is worse. But still

He was probably the worst manager at the start of last season too. And we know what happened then. 

You are right though - “fickle” is the the wrong word to describe you ( despite my GCSEs, A Levels and Degrees). Just plain NEGATIVE will suffice.

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Oh and for anyone advocating we give Warne time no matter what the results are, he's been relegated from this division every time he's had a full season in it, so how long do we give him before a decision has to be made?

Really ffs 

4 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Really not willing to get into an argument with some of the clowns who only seem to pipe up when we're doing badly so I'm just going to drop a fact that is a fact and not negotiable

We set up today to play attacking football, and didn't try to grind out a result. We committed men forward to try and score goals and as a result conceded 4. This was the case from minute one right until the end.

No further questions 

Helps if you have more than one decent defender 

Despite the obvious pre season errors I don't think Vickers was to blame for any of the goals tonight, Cashin and Elder were poor, Wilson not much better, looked obvious we were playing two wing backs out of position to me, Nyambe and Forsyth surely the better option? But hindsight is a wonderful thing, I think the midfield 3 lacked any sort of control of the game and without a recognised CF we looked short of ideas. On the plus we were good for 20 minutes, glimpses of what could be with a tweak here and there...but overall we looked so vulnerable, for me Cashin's fall from grace is the real shocker, I can't wrap my head around what has happened since the end of the season, but he looks a shadow of his former self. Long, hard slog ahead folks!

Edited by chewbacca

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Some people wanted him gone after 6 games last year 🤷

xmas is the usual bench mark, call me old fashioned 

Not a matter for panic but hopefully what's clear now is what was clear a few weeks ago: we need serious quality in three or four key positions, not just bodies in the squad and not just battle hardened pros. 

I hope we've got the money, but the lack of movement in the last few weeks doesn't fill me with hope when we all knew what the gaps were. 

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

He has looked like that all pre-season as well. Very concerning.

There were a few green shoots but with a defence of that quality and no goalscorer, I don’t know what more we can do right now 🤷‍♂️

Recruitment over the coming weeks will define our season. 

Cashin is still better than what else we have and he has to boom it across the pitch to the flank half the time but he has looked laboured