v Blackburn (A) Match Thread

Day

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

You could have 6 at the back, if they all run like headless chickens towards the ball and leave their men unmarked then it won’t matter 

Agree. We’ve seen 5 at the back enough times to know it isn’t the answer, and generates the wrong mindset. We just get overrun in midfield with 5 at the back. Bradley is just another clown  🤡 at the centre half circus.

Edited by Matchday Fred

8 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Cashin at fault for 2 goals . I'd  snatch Brighton hands off at 4 million.  

Defence was too busy watching the ball and forgot to see where their players were, cashin is going to be a liability was in midfield when the player he should of been marking scored

Just now, SaintRam said:

How do we know Blackburn will be in the bottom 6? Other teams had transfer windows, too.

Not saying our performance hasn't been trash but that's a major assumption to make, is all.

Agree you could argue if Birmingham's new owners didn't have a big ego Eustace would be still manager of them with them challenging for the Play-offs last/this season. This Blackburn side will be mid table or so with him in charge.

Well we're not bottom due to goals scored, that's one positive.

The capitulation isn't acceptable, but it is a game of fine margins. I think we were by far on top and more likely to win it until the one moment where their player's dummy took half of our defence out of the game. I think the surprise of going behind at that stage of the game knocked it out of us, and all of a sudden we were 4-1 down which I don't think was deserved on the balance of the game.

Sky did a piece where Curtis Davies met up with Warne that was played in the build-up and Warne indicated that the team is still a little distance away from where he wants us to be in terms of personnel. I'm confident we'll see at least 4 more faces, hopefully more, which can hopefully fill what we are currently lacking.

45 games to go. We lost our first game last season and turned out alright. Of course I'm not saying automatic promotion is on the cards but it's sad to see so many individuals being turned on and written off just a few months after winning promotion.

Plenty of work to do, plenty of time to do it. Not as upset as a 4-2 scoreline would suggest.

Moving on.

4 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Think we might concede on a regular basis on tonight’s evidence 

We will because we are wide open 

442 has to be the way to go with the players we have to stop us getting thrashed regularly 

Nyambe in at right back and Adam’s starting in midfield with the other three and we need a centre forward on the actual pitch 

we have loads of wide players who shouldn’t be starting games as they are generally feeble apart from NML