Who should be captain?

Sean

11 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

Mmm. It seems a little odd that season kick off is only a few days away and they haven't announced who will be captain. I hope it isn't NML as I don't want him to be distracted from his primary role of tearing the opposition a new one. 

I agree better off concentrating on his own game, I'd personally go for Nelson seems composed and a steady head

Nelson for me too - prefer a CB as they see the whole pitch, he's the right age, I think he'll be in the 11.   Agree that forwards need to concentrate on their own game more - defending there's more of a bias towards the collective and organisation. 

Put it this way, nothing can be worse than picking Chris Baird as captain. Not because he wasn't good captain material but he wasn't even first choice right back!

Someone who plays consistently and has been here for a while for me. 

I think NML fits that criteria and I think he will get it. He's more of a leader by example than organisational skills, but maybe it will keep him on form in a season where he's going to be pretty vital. 

I'd be more inclined to go for Nelson but hopefully whoever it is Curtis will marshall the defence anyway, same with the likes of Adams holding the midfield to account. 

4 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Never make a striker/winger a captain, loss of form becomes fatal to the team. 

Unpopular choice, but I’d go with Osbourne. Knows the league and leads by example. Bradley as club captain. 

I did suggest Ben a while back , but after being at the game Saturday - I think fans will get on his back soon , as 90% of his passes go backwards . 

9 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I did suggest Ben a while back , but after being at the game Saturday - I think fans will get on his back soon , as 90% of his passes go backwards . 

That’s about 9% less backwards passes than we are used to with this team 

1 hour ago, Ramplinho said:

Someone who plays consistently and has been here for a while for me. 

I think NML fits that criteria and I think he will get it. He's more of a leader by example than organisational skills, but maybe it will keep him on form in a season where he's going to be pretty vital. 

I'd be more inclined to go for Nelson but hopefully whoever it is Curtis will marshall the defence anyway, same with the likes of Adams holding the midfield to account. 

Whenever you see the players together, Mendez-Laing is leading the group, I'm sure he'd be a popular choice. 

Nelson is leader on the pitch, but he's very quiet elsewhere. 

59 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Never make a striker/winger a captain, loss of form becomes fatal to the team. 

Unpopular choice, but I’d go with Osbourne. Knows the league and leads by example. Bradley as club captain. 

Bradley?! 😂