Who should be captain?

Sean

For the millionth season running, it doesn’t actually matter. A bit of fabric round your arm is not going to change how you act on the pitch, in the dressing room or at training. 

With that said, Nelson seems the steadiest choice. Maybe Cashin backup to groom him to take over. 

9 hours ago, Taribo said:

What's Osborn like leadershipwise? I've always thought of him as a gobby little Bamford (due to a certain previous club, this opinion has obviously now instantly switched to 'lovable rogue')

9 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Ben would lead “By Example “. He has the most Prem experience and will be 30 this season .Has a very  good disciplinary record and a certain starter in every game . Not a bad shout . 

I think Osborn is a great shout. 

Genuinely can’t see it being Bradley. Regardless of his personality (which has been questioned), I don’t expect the intention is to have him as a regular starter. He picked up a bit at the end of the season, but it would be a huge risk to assume he’s still Championship first-choice level. 

12 hours ago, Srg said:

For the millionth season running, it doesn’t actually matter. A bit of fabric round your arm is not going to change how you act on the pitch, in the dressing room or at training. 

With that said, Nelson seems the steadiest choice. Maybe Cashin backup to groom him to take over. 

If we follow the route of international football - Only the captain can question the referee on the pitch . Then it Will matter who does the job . 

Nelson would be my clear pick. Let Cash learn from a model pro who leads by example, before taking over the role himself a year or two down the line. It feels like the natural order of things to me.

My instinct goes for Nelson, a regular last season, a senior pro and a professional attitude. 

We can guess that the Captain will be voted on by the team, which is a decent method; the priority is a good representative, one who will have a good rapport with officials and basically make sure that even the most problematic matches dont turn into a battle between team and ref. We have leaders through the team and long may that continue. NML, Nelson, Bradley, and others who will yell, cajole, and motivate on the pitch. 

Having listened to Nelson talk he’s a very calm head but is he the guy to give an on field bollocking if someone isn’t picking up their runner etc? 

We need leaders across the pitch. I think Foz should be club captain as he knows the place inside an out and is a key figure in the dressing room. 

I can’t see past Nelson at the moment but I suspect Warne will know if he’s got what is necessary. 

14 hours ago, thischarmingram said:

Ebou Adams

100% no.

Obviously, like most people, I'm delighted he's back but, he strikes me as a bit the joker in the pack. The guy you can generally expect to see with a smile on his face. Making him captain would probably stifle this side of his personality to the detriment of his game.