Mendez Laing Arrested

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Your flippant response tells me plenty.  Anyone who chooses to hurt a woman disprotiantly to the position of risk they are in is a w*****.  I'll leave you to decide the camp your in. 

Bringing levity into a discussion isn't the same as a flippant overall stance on the matter; we're on a football forum ffs, why would you assume I want to go full intellectual mode on here? I did actually start typing a response in that vein out and then remembered where I was...

Also, a rear naked choke would be acceptable if a woman pulled a weapon which is... *checks notes... the exact scenario YOU stated 😂

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, ossieram said:

So you haven't seen any of these videos where a group of gobby women take the mick out of a lone bloke on a bus, train before deciding to yank his hair and punch him?

You see more agro caused by pissed up women now than you do by blokes and some of them definitely need a slap.

I worked on the doors for PB(Rhino)at the Trident so going back to the 80s, The young females from Chadd were some of the worst, Luckily I was from Chadd too, They were a vicious bunch of thuggets if they were tanked up before they entered then a refusal often was met with the best kind of Anglo Saxon language females could use.

Women aye...you can't beat em 😁

Edited by Ram-Alf

4 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Bringing levity into a discussion isn't the same as a flippant overall stance on the matter; we're on a football forum ffs, why would you assume I want to go full intellectual mode on here? I did actually start typing a response in that vein out and then remembered where I was...

Also, a rear naked choke would be acceptable if a woman pulled a weapon which is... *checks notes... the exact scenario YOU stated 😂

You keep bringing some levity to a person who's says that as a youngster they've seen the damage a bloke punching a woman in temper can do.  You may fail the interpersonal bit of interviews, so work on that.

You've been watching too much MMA sweety. If you've got someone with a weapon in the position of a rear naked choke, you've already got them in a disarming position and it would only be required if they are the same weight and size to avoid getting the weapon back. 

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

You keep bringing some levity to a person who's says that as a youngster they've seen the damage a bloke punching a woman in temper can do.  You may fail the interpersonal bit of interviews, so work on that.

You've been watching too much MMA sweety. If you've got someone with a weapon in the position of a rear naked choke, you've already got them in a disarming position and it would only be required if they are the same weight and size to avoid getting the weapon back. 

It's amusing how seriously you've taken a light-hearted comment, to the point you're playing the theoretical scenario out in your head. Nice to know some random words I post on the internet have such a profound effect on someone with an existence so banal that they actually have time to care 😂

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Interesting reading the last 4 pages of biased speculative b*******, after 2 newspapers published a few columns of speculative b*******.

This. People defending him already are ridiculous IMO. We have no idea what happened, and there’s no point in making up imaginary scenarios that justify it just because he’s a Derby player.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

22 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

It's amusing how seriously you've taken a light-hearted comment, to the point you're playing the theoretical scenario out in your head. Nice to know some random words I post on the internet have such a profound effect on someone with an existence so banal that they actually have time to care 😂

As banal as you may consider me to be, putting a women in a near naked choke or referencing such a thing as being ok all being equal is far less preferable to banality.. You crack on. It's not really that theoretical a scenario either,  if you have control of someone's arms your generally winning

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

As banal as you may consider me to be, putting a women in a near naked choke or referencing such a thing as being ok all being equal is far less preferable to banality.. You crack on. It's not really that theoretical a scenario either,  if you have control of someone's arms your generally winning

Think we should begin acronymising said submission manoeuvre to 'RNC' from now on, for the sake of brevity, if this discussion is to continue 😂

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

In answer to your question I can’t think of any reasonable circumstances in which a man hitting a woman would be acceptable.

But my question didn't mention hitting a woman!  Neither did the previously referenced question by another poster, to which you answered "No" to it being acceptable (To thump a man!)

I'm sorry, but having evaded the question multiple times now, I've lost all interest in your thoughts on the subject now.
I still love yer, man, but ye gads, it's like getting a pie from a red dog!  🙄

... and besides, I've lost count of the number of folk who have come at me with a knife, and I'm still here!  (I just can't fathom why folk keep doing that!) 😉🍻

25 minutes ago, McArthur Park said:

Sorry @Mucker1884, I generally enjoy your posts, but I don't think that a post seemingly normalising giving a women a backhander is something to be joked about. Just my opinion of course.

Of course.

I'd have been more surprised had (some of) my comments offended nobody.  It's a well documented risk that goes hand in hand with any attempt at humour.  There's always someone out there that will be offended.

Hat off to you for shouting up.

🍻

4 hours ago, one_chop said:

So he gives some daft bird a back hander in a Spanish nightclub, we've all been there, best thing he can do is not answer bail and holiday elsewhere in future.

She was probably one of those ridiculous 'Love island' types that earns a living being an attention seeking 'influencer'.

Do you mean some daft bird versus drunken yob, rediculous post.

1 minute ago, Ram1988 said:

At the moment we don't know what happened. Let's let the police and those who the investigations do their job. 

From what I've heard of Balearic Island police procedures, this little misunderstanding could all just be cleared up very quickly with a large suitcase full of unmarked bank notes. Over to you Mr Clowes

13 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

This thread shows how a different jury can come up with a different verdict . Whatever happens - opposition fans will not forget overnight . 

The difference being that a jury generally views/hears the evidence, as well as hearing both sides of the story before forming an opinion. That doesn't seem to be the case in this thread.

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If a woman attacks you it's not necessary to take that kind of ultra physical action. unless a weapons involved.  A woman swinging a fist at you isn't the same as a tanked up 18 stone bloke.   Having seen the damage a punch will do to a woman as a youngster when a bloke swings it, it's totally disproportionate.   

How about an 18 stone woman (with arms like tree trunks) lamping a 5'6", 10 stone bloke?  Have you seen such a scenario?  Because I have.  It wasn't pretty!

I know (personally) at least 7 adult females who I would run a mile from, if they come at me waving their fists at me (And about 20 or so blokes, but that's by the by!)

Come on now.  Your feeble attempts to signal chivalry are admirable... or would have been, back in the day, when females were considered the weaker sex.  That no longer applies.  Have you not heard?    

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

How about an 18 stone woman (with arms like tree trunks) lamping a 5'6", 10 stone bloke?  Have you seen such a scenario?  Because I have.  It wasn't pretty!

I know (personally) at least 7 adult females who I would run a mile from, if they come at me waving their fists at me (And about 20 or so blokes, but that's by the by!)

Come on now.  Your feeble attempts to signal chivalry are admirable... or would have been, back in the day, when females were considered the weaker sex.  That no longer applies.  Have you not heard?    

I’m 63 and when I was at school there were at least 3 girls 98% of the boys would not go near in a fight scenario, in fact 1 was expelled for doing damage to a teachers head with a tennis racket 🤷🏻‍♂️, always dangerous to make generalised assumptions