Olaf Kobacki - signed for Sheffield Wednesday

dcfcjj

41 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Name sounds quite similar to 'Kabaddi'. 

So no chant for him... but every time he gets the ball we just say his name over and over until he passes it on. 

I’m sure there’s an Agadoo version lurking in there somewhere 🤣

I think he was highly rated whilst a (very) young player and moved to Atalanta’s academy which is one of the best in Italy. He didn’t progress, as planned, was typically used as a squad player up until his last season there where he did play a number of games - obviously before deciding to part ways. He went back to Poland, played top flight but struggled. He then played in the second division this season and did really well. He is a technically gifted player, brought up the right way and can play anywhere across the frontline. It will be a cheap deal and definitely not one earmarked to go straight into the first team, but opportunities off the bench - maybe a loan initially. 

16 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I think he was highly rated whilst a (very) young player and moved to Atalanta’s academy which is one of the best in Italy. He didn’t progress, as planned, was typically used as a squad player up until his last season there where he did play a number of games - obviously before deciding to part ways. He went back to Poland, played top flight but struggled. He then played in the second division this season and did really well. He is a technically gifted player, brought up the right way and can play anywhere across the frontline. It will be a cheap deal and definitely not one earmarked to go straight into the first team, but opportunities off the bench - maybe a loan initially. 

If we have to pay money for him, we’re not in a position to spend money and then loan someone out. It’d be for the first team/squad. 

Having said that, we’re not short of wide players so can’t see it being true.

1 hour ago, OoooMarkWright said:

If we have to pay money for him, we’re not in a position to spend money and then loan someone out. It’d be for the first team/squad. 

Having said that, we’re not short of wide players so can’t see it being true.

Think Clowes is more long term than that though. I think if there’s a small fee we can pay for a player with the potential to go up significantly in value then he’d sanction it - particularly now our spending is entirely restricted by what he’s willing to underwrite for us (assuming we go nowhere near losses that would see us in trouble).