Kenzo Goudmijn - signed to 2028

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

I remember my father turning his nose up after seeing the first 45 minutes of a new signing in a Derby shirt… it was Craig Bryson!

I hope I’ve not inherited that particular DNA. 

What we'd give for another lad like that on the cheap, one of the best signings we've made in modern times.

Just now, tomsdubs said:

What we'd give for another lad like that on the cheap, one of the best signings we've made in modern times.

Bryson really is an ideal Warne player too - not the most technically gifted player but always made himself an option, was always willing to have a go and make forward runs. 

The club deserves a ton of credit for scouting him, because an unremarkable record in Scotland for a try-hard, under-sized, below-par technical footballer and at his peak he was one of the very best in the Championship of his era. The team for his debut at Derby: Frank Fielding, Russell Anderson, Jason Shackell, John Brayford, Ben Davies, James Bailey, Lee Croft, himself, Kevin Kilbane, Jamie Ward & Steve Davies. He played with Kevin Kilbane and Jayden Bogle at Derby - who are 25 years apart. A testament to his longevity at the club. 

I'd give a kidney to get one of him in our midfield now. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Bryson really is an ideal Warne player too - not the most technically gifted player but always made himself an option, was always willing to have a go and make forward runs. 

The club deserves a ton of credit for scouting him, because an unremarkable record in Scotland for a try-hard, under-sized, below-par technical footballer and at his peak he was one of the very best in the Championship of his era. The team for his debut at Derby: Frank Fielding, Russell Anderson, Jason Shackell, John Brayford, Ben Davies, James Bailey, Lee Croft, himself, Kevin Kilbane, Jamie Ward & Steve Davies. He played with Kevin Kilbane and Jayden Bogle at Derby - who are 25 years apart. A testament to his longevity at the club. 

I'd give a kidney to get one of him in our midfield now. 

I'd completely scraped Lee Croft from my memory! 😆

29 minutes ago, samtheram83 said:

I'd completely scraped Lee Croft from my memory! 😆

True story inbound.

Lee Croft dated Maria Fowler(Derby Girl)she also dated my Sons best mate way before that, Anyroad when he left Derby for a loan period to St Johnstone in Perth Scotland, He told Maria he's going to play for St Johnstone, Maria asked where is that...in Perth he said.

It was a huge shock when she found out that this Perth was in Scotland and not Australia...😁

On 07/07/2024 at 14:01, MACKWORTHRAM said:

My guess is everything is agreed and he's gone back to the Netherlands whilst we sort out his work permit.

I remember Warne mentioning something at the Q&A about it being easier to sign players from abroad because the work permit rules had changed? Or something along those lines?

Did I dream this?

Anyone know what it entails getting a work permit?

That can be the only thing holding this up now. Because the medical and deal was agreed last week.

Fingers crossed the deal is announced tomorrow before the England game...

4 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

I remember my father turning his nose up after seeing the first 45 minutes of a new signing in a Derby shirt… it was Craig Bryson!

I hope I’ve not inherited that particular DNA. 

My Dad's first impressions of players:

Not sure about him, poor first touch seems slow - Ciccio Baiano

He gives the ball away a lot, not sure about him  - Mason Mount 

Really don’t know who we’ve signed here, slow, cumbersome, can’t turn not good at all - Curtis Nelson (although to be fair I was with him on that opinion for his first couple of games)