Jerry Yates

Heisenberg

Jerry Yates is a decent player, who can play anywhere across the front. He signed for Swansea last season, for a few million and has been playing and scoring goals. I would assume on good wages. Swansea were a heavy rotational side last season, so I wouldn't read too much into his disjointed playing time - Lowe and Yates were the top scorers and both made double digit appearances from the bench. He also scored 14 goals for a relegated Blackpool side the season before, which is a very healthy return. 

Not sure why they would loan him out, makes little sense to me. I usually like the information out of Football Insider but this just seems very odd. 

8 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

King Colin came in with a honking record and did a job for us. Yates is much younger and actually had a decent season at Blackpool. 

People need to accept we’re probably going to be bottom 8 next season. If Yates hits 10 goals then that could be the difference between relegation and survival.

Yates has scored 55 goals in his last four seasons, which is a very good record. I was fairly sure we weren't going to be in the market for a player with that type of record.