Karamoko Dembele - Gone to QPR on loan

When we already have Kenzo and Tommo, I could see the additional lack of physicality as being an issue. We don't want to be overpowered.

Interesting to see if anyone goes for Dembele. Especially interesting if it's us! 

Darren Whitcoop is about as reliable as a 1982 Alfa Romeo, so I doubt there’s anything in this sadly. Having already signed Jackson, I can’t see us signing any more wingers this window unless someone moves on (unlikely in my view)

30 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Darren Whitcoop is about as reliable as a 1982 Alfa Romeo, so I doubt there’s anything in this sadly. Having already signed Jackson, I can’t see us signing any more wingers this window unless someone moves on (unlikely in my view)

Now I had a 1981/82 Alfa Sud Ti It did 58k miles from new in 2 years was a gem. The most fun car I ever had .

I’ll quietly ignore 3 lots of head gaskets, leaky callipers, tin worm and an unhealthy appetite for rubber. But by eck it was S of a shovel … so it’s a yes from me 🤣

6 minutes ago, jono said:

Now I had a 1981/82 Alfa Sud Ti It did 58k miles from new in 2 years was a gem. The most fun car I ever had .

I’ll quietly ignore 3 lots of head gaskets, leaky callipers, tin worm and an unhealthy appetite for rubber. But by eck it was S of a shovel … so it’s a yes from me 🤣

Oh ! You talking about Darren . Scrub my last post. 🤣

• 3 weeks later...

Alan Nixon reporting our competition for his signature are Birmingham City . Enquiries from several league 1 clubs but player prefers Championship move and this may override his opportunity to play with his brother at Brum.

i see he is another winger so are we still after Number 9 as well?

4 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

Alan Nixon reporting our competition for his signature are Birmingham City . Enquiries from several league 1 clubs but player prefers Championship move and this may override his opportunity to play with his brother at Brum.

i see he is another winger so are we still after Number 9 as well?

Number 10?

13 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Dembele has had all pre season to make a move and lock in a signature somewhere. The fact he still hasn’t made his mind up and missed a whole pre season isn’t exactly convincing.

Do we know he hasn’t just been doing pre season with Brest? He’s still under contract. 

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

Do we know he hasn’t just been doing pre season with Brest? He’s still under contract. 

He’s played minutes in their friendlies against Napoli (earlier this week) and Juventus (last night) so would assume he has done pre season and will be “match fit”.

There was some confusion earlier this summer that he’d been released, he hasn’t, but the noise seems to be they’re willing to move him on, until the clubs agree a deal he’s their player and carries on as normal right? 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

8 minutes ago, ScamRam said:

Been released from his contract by Brest, still had 2 years to run, seems strange

He hasn’t. Sense it was lost in translation. He’s available for transfer permanently basically. 

It’s a bizarre situation, I suspect that there was something lost in translation when they said he was free to go. If he’s involved in their friendlies then he could even be in their plans for next season, albeit clearly available for the right offer. 

He would be a good option in the 10 role, even as an option out wide. Birmingham can and are more certainly willing to pay more, though, so that would be the concern. A bidding war with a team who can blow us out the water and would get more immediate value out the player (proven League One) is not ideal to say the least. I hope we get this one across the line because he’s got very good potential and could become a key player for us. 

26 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It’s a bizarre situation, I suspect that there was something lost in translation when they said he was free to go. If he’s involved in their friendlies then he could even be in their plans for next season, albeit clearly available for the right offer. 

He would be a good option in the 10 role, even as an option out wide. Birmingham can and are more certainly willing to pay more, though, so that would be the concern. A bidding war with a team who can blow us out the water and would get more immediate value out the player (proven League One) is not ideal to say the least. I hope we get this one across the line because he’s got very good potential and could become a key player for us. 

And don’t forget his brother plays for Birmingham too.

15 minutes ago, RamInSweden said:

And don’t forget his brother plays for Birmingham too.

His brother is set to move to the Championship this month too. Maybe the hold up is that he (Karamoko) wants go actually wait until Siriki has left Birmingham so he knows for sure.

People seem to have got mixed up 'free to leave' with 'leave on a free'.