Karamoko Dembele - Gone to QPR on loan

4 minutes ago, Mr Ramtastic said:

Spent most of the game at Pride Park falling over or on his arse

He’s not got the stature to be coined the new Wardrobe. Perhaps he could be the Bedside Table.

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Didn't watch the game then?

I was in the stadium and I don't disagree. He seemed to end up on the floor whenever a Derby player got within 3 feet of him. I'm sure our players were briefed to rough him up and limit his impact on the game, but if we managed it in L1 then I'm sure that's the kind of treatment he can expect on a regular basis in the Championship. Warne seems to want strength and athleticism, I'm not sure this lad ticks both of those boxes, would his technical ability outweigh that?

8 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I was in the stadium and I don't disagree. He seemed to end up on the floor whenever a Derby player got within 3 feet of him. I'm sure our players were briefed to rough him up and limit his impact on the game, but if we managed it in L1 then I'm sure that's the kind of treatment he can expect on a regular basis in the Championship. Warne seems to want strength and athleticism, I'm not sure this lad ticks both of those boxes, would his technical ability outweigh that?

It’s an oversimplification. Had this discussion earlier in this thread, but he was man marked tightly by Ebou. Every single time he touched it, Ebou was on top of him with a hard tackle. It speaks to reason that the manager who made this plan would be interested in the player he game planned for. Saying he just throws himself over indicates he was diving, he wasn’t. 

39 minutes ago, Srg said:

It’s an oversimplification. Had this discussion earlier in this thread, but he was man marked tightly by Ebou. Every single time he touched it, Ebou was on top of him with a hard tackle. It speaks to reason that the manager who made this plan would be interested in the player he game planned for. Saying he just throws himself over indicates he was diving, he wasn’t. 

I didn't say he just throws himself over. I said he seemed to end up on the floor frequently, and went on to give a reason for that.

My point is, if we planned for it then so will everyone else (unless they are willing to let him play, in which case he'd be great) and I'm not convinced the guy has got the strength to deal with it. A valid concern and not an oversimplification at all.

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I didn't say he just throws himself over. I said he seemed to end up on the floor frequently, and went on to give a reason for that.

My point is, if we planned for it then so will everyone else (unless they are willing to let him play, in which case he'd be great) and I'm not convinced the guy has got the strength to deal with it. A valid concern and not an oversimplification at all.

The original post I quoted said “falling over or on his arse”. He wasn’t falling over. 

10 minutes ago, Srg said:

The original post I quoted said “falling over or on his arse”. He wasn’t falling over. 

His lack of physicality meant he was falling over and on his arse because he was easily dispossessed or knocked off the ball which is different from diving  and consequently contributed very little. He would need to significantly step up on that to be a consistent at Championship level. Is he too easily nullified a bit of a one trick pony ?

13 minutes ago, Mr Ramtastic said:

His lack of physicality meant he was falling over and on his arse because he was easily dispossessed or knocked off the ball which is different from diving  and consequently contributed very little. He would need to significantly step up on that to be a consistent at Championship level. Is he too easily nullified a bit of a one trick pony ?

Ok, so first I have to say that I haven't seen this guy play, so I can't comment on him specifically.

But just on lack of physicality, surely there are numerous examples of slight players succeeding in the Championship. 

To start with take 17 year old Will Hughes. He did alright.

Tom Ince was hardly muscular and bagged plenty of goals for us.

The key thing is round pegs in round holes.

Omar Mascarell for all his talent always struggled with the physical side of the CDM role.

But played in the right position players with pace or quick feet (or both) don't necessarily need to have a physical heft.

Edited by therealhantsram

2 hours ago, Srg said:

If Ebou marks you, you stay marked, that’s why we like him🐏🐏🐏