Transfer rumours

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Yeah, I'd think Iversen is the more likely deal to be honest.

Ryan is a free agent. Iversen still has a year left on his Foxes deal, just had a significant pay rise due to them gaining promotion to the EPL and would cost a fair bit in either a loan or a transfer fee as well as wanting top dollar...

Just now, MadAmster said:

Ryan is a free agent. Iversen still has a year left on his Foxes deal, just had a significant pay rise due to them gaining promotion to the EPL and would cost a fair bit in either a loan or a transfer fee as well as wanting top dollar...

Ryan is a free agent, but is the captain of Australia (with close to 100 caps) and was playing in the Europa League last season. Second most clean sheets in Eredivisie and a ton of games at the very top level - including this country. I guarantee there will be a much more deeper line for his services, therefore competitors with real money ready to handover. 

I mentioned this on the Iversen thread, ultimately the payrise through promotion absolutely means nothing in terms of Iversen's market value. It's great for him, personally, and Leicester will want to recoup as much money as possible but his market value IS his what other teams are willing to pay for him - not what terms he's on at the moment. Iversen doesn't have the portfolio that Ryan does, so the likely teams in for him are likely going to be smaller and therefore less competitive financially (at least in my eyes). 

Leicester did reject a £4m bid for Iversen last summer, I'll add, so maybe he does have a deeper market than we think but I'd say that all things equal the amount of money it would take to sign Ryan would be considerably more than Iversen. 

35 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

I suspect if he's No 1 here it's a pull.  They'd take a loan fee of say 400k, with a guarantee he gets a 2 year deal in the summer- probably with a relegation get out that suits both parties.  They'd use that 400k loan to effectively cover an element of his wages. I don't think he can really demand top dollar going forward as he hasn't been playing other than a Stoke loan and if they wanted him, they could have signed him.

5 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Things change though….

Sufficiently for us to get both of those keepers when we already have a perfectly competent keeper on the books in Vickers?

Nice to see different opinions put across by several in a friendly. Doesn't always happen

9 hours ago, Srg said:

Yep, and grateful for how he did. Doesnt change I still think we would have been better with a better striker up there, but his durability (until that darn injury) and attitude really helped. Even more important we improve on him for this year - and I have no doubt Warne isn’t planning on him being the main guy this season. 

Collo has done well for us and has received some unfair criticism from some including myself 

But I wouldn’t have kept him for the championship as I think he’s a L1 striker

3 minutes ago, Joedya92 said:

Evening all, long time viewer and thought I’d contribute

1 of the 2 strikers signing tommorow, can’t say too much more at this stage but I think people will be pleased 

Interesting first post. You will either be feted or ridiculed ( or both ) tomorrow depending if your prediction comes to pass 🐏

7 minutes ago, Joedya92 said:

1 of the 2 strikers signing tommorow, can’t say too much more at this stage but I think people will be pleased 

Some people will be pleased, others will be gutted. That's how it works on here. 

Welcome to the forum.

9 minutes ago, Joedya92 said:

You can please most of the people most of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time. Or <insert poster name> any of the time.