Transfer rumours

7 minutes ago, thischarmingram said:

This Walder Frey striker for QPR would be perfect, let’s get an in match bid in via pitch invader  

Problem is, we would need to make sure we kept to any promises we make him. 

Last person to break an oath to Walder Frey had a bit of a bad experience to say the least…

1 minute ago, europia said:

Yes, I think we have just enough to avoid a relegation battle 🤞

If you look at last season, Blackburn had a player who won the Golden Boot with 27 goals. They scraped survival due to his goals, but finished level on points with Sheffield Wednesday whose top scorer managed 7 goals. I am confident we will have a player who can manage more than 7 goals, it's all about how cohesive we are as a unit rather than relying on an individual.

With the addition of Phillips, we've added some defensive stability. With the likes of NML, Chirewa, Jackson, Goudmijn and (maybe) Harness playing around Yates, we should have enough to score a respectable amount.

Don't get me wrong, the football so far has been a tough watch. But we've now made 10 signings, that may increase slightly in the next hour or so, and we will need some time to gel as a team. Although the football wasn't enthralling last season either, we started poorly and grew in to a well-oiled, cohesive team. Despite the step-up in quality, we can still develop a lot as a team over the coming games.

Just now, dcfcjj said:

Watford just sold a striker today so I doubt it…

They sold the bloke that pulled out the scissor-kick against us, and he was immediately loaned back to them by the Italian Watford. I don't think they've sold anyone else have they? So they're not a striker down.

13 minutes ago, KBB said:

Derby fans "Brown should be starting. He is quality and Warne is shocking for not playing him"

Also Derby fans "sign a new striker now"

We said he should have started in the cup, when we were resting Yates and in the absence of a much needed CF signing. When Yates was suspended, he should have had at least some involvement in tho two league games. He should have been brought on when we were chasing a goal vs Watford too, as I have greater faith in him being in the right place to score than Collins.

IMO, he should be 3rd choice CF (ahead of Collins), with a decent amount of game time  over the season considering we'll rotate between a front 1 and 2.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

They sold the bloke that pulled out the scissor-kick against us, and he was immediately loaned back to them by the Italian Watford. I don't think they've sold anyone else have they? So they're not a striker down.

Haven't they signed jebbison today? So a striker up ?

17 minutes ago, KBB said:

I've let a lot go tonight on here but I am not going to sit here and have someone bad mouth cold pizza and sausage rolls. I'm not going to stand for it.

If you start going off at cheese and pineapple hedgehogs I will probably get banned. 😜

Is it about to kick off over vol-au-vonts?

Just now, The_Sheriff said:

Haven't they signed jebbison today? So a striker up ?

Believe you're right yeah. I haven't seen much of Rajovic at all, but he's a 6'4 striker with a 1 in 4 goal record over 44 games at this level. He sounds like he'd be a great fit for what we want.

4 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

Admin over-doing it a bit with the Nat posts. “This is it” vibes?

That's my thoughts. Surely they would have held off the announcement until all players signed if more were coming.

Dom and Leigh will be signing off soon no doubt.

Who needs strikers anyway, where we are going, we don't need strikers.

5 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

I know I may be clutching at straws and may get pelters for asking this..

but is Washington *so* bad.

hes shown spells of talent before.

I know he’s always on the treatment table but he’s not without talent, is he?

When he's properly fit he's an asset. The problem is he's always recovering from an injury, which is why he's only ended up playing well in a few games.