Transfer rumours

22 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Striker loan from a prem club I’m hearing, no name. Not heard anything about Jake Young either. 

Ross Stewart from Southampton back from injury in September??

2 hours ago, Srg said:

They have no sources, it's either regurgitated from elsewhere (believe this was Witcoop) or they're opinion pieces disguised as rumours.

Which is roughly what I wrote, reworded. My question was why do folk repost this crap from FLW and other similar regurge non-news clickbait sites?

There seem to be a few teams releasing players today in order that they can make moves after today as Free Agents but have the liability off their balance sheet. Probably a symptom of the need to name squads.

Ladapo rumoured to be being released by Ipswich ....or 'mutual agreement'

Daniel Johnson left Stoke like that way yesterday too.

There will be plenty more do the same over the coming days.

6 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

There seem to be a few teams releasing players today in order that they can make moves after today as Free Agents but have the liability off their balance sheet. Probably a symptom of the need to name squads.

I think this has to have happened before the deadline, otherwise they can't sign until Jan 1st 

Edited by Carnero

5 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

It'll have to be over the coming hours, only players released today will eligible to sign as free agents from next week.

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Sorry, no quoting intended

IMO. if we don't get a striker in, no strikers will leave, be that sold, loaned or released from their contract. Looks like Wash and Daj are staying

Edited by MadAmster

1 hour ago, SECornerRAM said:

He isn't the one we are after

Our prem loan CB is from a top four club 

Who are you classing as the 'top 4' clubs? Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool and ...?

Man City - Max Alleyne or Jadel Katongo. Katongo was on loan to Peterborough last season and mostly played at RB, but occasionally at CB and DM - would fit in at RCB. Not great defensively though, but very good on the ball.

Arsenal - Omar Rekik was at Wigan last season, mainly CB but also filled in at RB and LB. Another young CB from a top club where they're weak defensively but good on the ball.

Liverpool - Nat Phillips is very good defensively, but would have expected to be priced out. Probably the only CB I'd want from these 3 clubs.

Elsewhere, there's Alfie Dorrington who is very highly rated at Spurs, and Miodrag Pivaš who Newcastle just signed from Serbia. By Serbian 2nd division standards, he wins a very high proportion of duels (air and ground), but is also very good with his passing and dribbling

13 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Please, for the love of god, not Daniel Johnson.

Whenever we play a team and I see him in it, I feel a little more confident.

3 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Ipswich trying to sign Latte Lath from Middlesbrough (didn’t know Nelson let him out of his pocket) but sky are saying Ipswich are very confident of getting a striker in today which would release Al-Hamadi to leave. 

He could go to boro in a swap

36 minutes ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

Some Chesterfield fans I know are pretty confident that they are getting Brown on loan from us. This might mean we are bringing a striker in.

There was talk on their forum that he was there yesterday. He definitely wasn’t as he was at Moor Farm. It won’t be a surprise that if/when we sign a striker he will head out on loan. There’s been an offer on the table since July from Notts County to take him but I’m sure most L2 teams and some L1 teams would take him. It appears Chesterfield want shot of Quigley so they’ll need another striker. Brown could do worse than learn off Grigg if he ended up there. 

Edited by ollycutts1982