Transfer rumours

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Ipswich are signing young players who have shown promise in the Championship, typically. Szmodics a strange signing, but can see why they’re largely investing in young players when they have one of the best coaches in the country and can develop them. 

Relegation still means they'll sell those promising young players for a profit. The ones they don't sell will be very good Championship players and they'll no doubt have another shot in the PL in a couple of years time.

45 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Relegation still means they'll sell those promising young players for a profit. The ones they don't sell will be very good Championship players and they'll no doubt have another shot in the PL in a couple of years time.

The only odd one is looking at how crap Burnley defended in the Premier League and thought they’d go with Muric and O’Shea for about £30m. 

5 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Not see in here....

Cant See Ken Jeong GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

*Soz @Ramplinho, just messin. It has been covered at length on here and PW confirmed yesterday that there's nothing in it.

Swear I searched before I posted but thanks for the update. Shame. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Ipswich are signing young players who have shown promise in the Championship, typically. Szmodics a strange signing, but can see why they’re largely investing in young players when they have one of the best coaches in the country and can develop them. 

D Mac (posh chairman) reckons Smzmodics will play until his mid 30s comfortably based on his game which might explain why they’re not so worried about signing an older player - also ended up getting him for very good money considering his record last year. 

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Ipswich seem to be buying shed loads of players from the Championship . Are they preparing for next season already ? But Chelsea having 40 odd players on thousands of £’s a week is distorting the transfer market beyond recognition. It all filters down . 

Chelsea’s average wage is something like £70k per week. So all though they have a lot of players their model is such that they are paying low wages relative to the prem. I guess their hope is that if about 40% of these young gambles turn out to be elite they’ll have them tied down to long contracts and have paid much smaller fees for them.

3 minutes ago, Ramplinho said:

Swear I searched before I posted but thanks for the update. Shame. 

It might be on transfer suggestions thread in fairness to you mate. The Warne comment I think was posted today.

I think perhaps using up a slot was simply deemed to high risk a policy in a season where we'll likely need all hands on deck. It is a shame, as we only saw glimpses of the lad's ability, but he's another we've had who seems to have only horrible luck. Be just our luck to see him picked up elsewhere and fly given a run of good health! 

Feeling somewhat despondent re transfers. We sound as if we're fishing in the same pond as everyone else, but with less bait. Obviously not the case for Gouldmijn and Zetterström, but it's strikers where the value is obviously to be found. 

While I would love us to get three more top quality players through the door, we're not the best at managing expectations. Will we really see the midfielder before Barrow? Let us hope. Do we really have a very competitive budget? Not so far. And should we already be talking about free agents? Maybe yes if we can land Josh King, but can we really? 

My expectations are we will only get one or two over the line, and whatever the last one is, it's likely to be a desperation signing. 😞

Maghoma wasnt in Brentfords squad today, would be class if he was the attacking mid due to sign.

I guess we will start to hear something later tonight or tomorrow considering they're meant to be in before Barrow on Tues

7 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Maghoma wasnt in Brentfords squad today, would be class if he was the attacking mid due to sign.

I guess we will start to hear something later tonight or tomorrow considering they're meant to be in before Barrow on Tues

Maghoma is out injured until the end of August, which is why he isn’t involved in their matchday squads. Brentford apparently want to keep him around, but absolutely he’s the kind of player we should be looking at if he becomes available.

14 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

And when we do, it will be someone 99% of Rams fans have never heard of, unless they follow the lesser PL teams' U18 sides.

23 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

While I would love us to get three more top quality players through the door, we're not the best at managing expectations.

Are you suggesting we already have 'top quality players' at the club and if not, why would you expect 3 more? 

1 minute ago, Comrade 86 said:

Are you suggesting we already have 'top quality players' at the club and if not, why would you expect 3 more? 

I do think some of the business this window has been good, bringing in quality. But just not enough of it. And the talk of loan striker instead of buying from Japan or the Continent seems short-sighted. I'm dubious we will get that loan over the line. 

40 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Feeling somewhat despondent re transfers. We sound as if we're fishing in the same pond as everyone else, but with less bait. Obviously not the case for Gouldmijn and Zetterström, but it's strikers where the value is obviously to be found. 

While I would love us to get three more top quality players through the door, we're not the best at managing expectations. Will we really see the midfielder before Barrow? Let us hope. Do we really have a very competitive budget? Not so far. And should we already be talking about free agents? Maybe yes if we can land Josh King, but can we really? 

My expectations are we will only get one or two over the line, and whatever the last one is, it's likely to be a desperation signing. 😞

G6ZV0J-ezgif.com-optimize.gif