Transfer rumours

1 minute ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

yep. has to sign before midday today i believe. if he does i wonder if he’ll start

I wouldn't start him that's way too much for him to be mentally ready for a match after playing 48 hours prior going through all the emotion of playing for his hometown club for the last time. Let him settle and get through a week's training and start him at Watford.

I highly doubt the JWZ would start tomorrow even if signed on time. New club, new country and less than 48 hours between games... asking for trouble. It might be good to have him on the bench though.

6 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I highly doubt the JWZ would start tomorrow even if signed on time. New club, new country and less than 48 hours between games... asking for trouble. It might be good to have him on the bench though.

Yeah, he can sit there and say 'I would have saved that.  And that.  And that one' 😛

COYR!

Pretty disappointing that we aren’t being firmly linked with any strikers or attacking midfielder players at the moment.

I appreciate how difficult it is for the club with limited finances and in a seller’s market, but I had allowed myself to get a bit excited about new heroes to cheer.

We need to be able to transition between defence and attack more efficiently and I can’t see us doing so with the current personnel (Kenzo excepted).

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Pretty disappointing that we aren’t being firmly linked with any strikers or attacking midfielder players at the moment.

I appreciate how difficult it is for the club with limited finances and in a seller’s market, but I had allowed myself to get a bit excited about new heroes to cheer.

We need to be able to transition between defence and attack more efficiently and I can’t see us doing so with the current personnel (Kenzo excepted).

We are the bottom feeders in this English market, we needed to be cuter in the foreign market and try and sign players other clubs weren't.

As it is now, I imagine we are having to wait for other clubs to snap up their targets and then in the last couple of days of the window, Warne and co will ring round asking who is left.  I don't believe for a second that we will miraculously sign our number 1 targets on deadline day. 

That isn't to say we won't players who come in and do a job.  I'd never heard of George Thorne before he came in on loan.

30 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Mo Farah is available.

37 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I feel I’ve been a little critical recently and it’s not me so I apologise for that. To add to the discussion, I’d rather we weren’t linked to players , most of them have ended up joining other clubs.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We are the bottom feeders in this English market, we needed to be cuter in the foreign market and try and sign players other clubs weren't.

We've signed a player from the Dutch league, and almost certainly one from the Swedish league. How cute should we be? If we signed 11 players from foreign leagues and they all (or even half of them) had the success of Albentosa and Camara I don't think that the recruitment team would get many plaudits.

5 minutes ago, richinspain said:

We've signed a player from the Dutch league, and almost certainly one from the Swedish league. How cute should we be? If we signed 11 players from foreign leagues and they all (or even half of them) had the success of Albentosa and Camara I don't think that the recruitment team would get many plaudits.

Just looking up George Burley's chief scout Simon Hunt, he played and managed in Sweden for 16 years before linking up with Burley. Reich, Bisgaard, Rasiak and Idiakez were obvious big successes then Manel score a few important goals. It wasn't a full 11 of foreigners but they certainly were a class way above the general dross we usually signed. Hopefully Kenzo and JWZ are that gold dust for us, I would love a couple more complete unknowns to come in and surprise us.