Transfer rumours

1 minute ago, Ram1988 said:

I think we will start the season playing 343 with two attacking widemen/inside fowards so I'm not sure if we do need a traditional number 10. Dembele would trive in that role though.

But when Warne realises that doesn’t work after two games, we will need one then.

47 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Things have gone a bit quiet, and I’m bored, so I’m taking these two random tweets (one from tonight from some random spurs fan and the other from weeks back from a spurs transfer account with 101 followers) as absolutely almost probably completely possibly maybe definitely a sign that we’re getting Nile John a midfielder from Spurs….

I mean how much more legitimate can you get?! 👀 

That's an interesting one. Arguably the right profile of player to be our 6th choice CM, although I woupd prefer someone who is a bit more experienced.

He's someone who needs to play first team football (given he's 21 and had a few seasons at U21 level), but also won't be too demanding on game time.

He's spent moat of his youth career at CM and AM, but has played pretty much everywhere in midfield and in forward positions. I would see him as a CM option where his mobility, work rate and tackling would be most useful - backup for Adams and Ozoh battling for one of the two CM spots (with Goudmijn, Osborn and Thompson battling for the other spot).

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Things have gone a bit quiet, and I’m bored, so I’m taking these two random tweets (one from tonight from some random spurs fan and the other from weeks back from a spurs transfer account with 101 followers) as absolutely almost probably completely possibly maybe definitely a sign that we’re getting Nile John a midfielder from Spurs….

I mean how much more legitimate can you get?! 👀 

I did say we will end up signing some crap from Tottenham.

I would assume that Nile John would potentially be a purchase, perhaps as a developmental project. As we have a requirement for a bigger squad, I was in favour of us going out to market and signing young players with some potential that perhaps hadn’t kicked on and would be available for low prices. 

I’d prefer our back ups to be in their low 20s with ambition to break into the team, as opposed to older players who are clinging on to life in the second tier. I assume everyone would. 

Blackburn have just signed a 6 foot 2 striker who got 11 goals and 2 assists last year in 32 games in the Belgian league. He’s only 26 and is in the 96th percentile for aerial duels won and the 90th percentile for defensive actions by strikers at a similar level. Not sure how much they spent but can’t imagine it was much considering the owners barely spend a penny. Sounds like a player Warne would have loved, wonder if we looked at him. 

Edited by Eoghan1884

23 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Blackburn have just signed a 6 foot 2 striker who got 11 goals and 2 assists last year in 32 games in the Belgian league. He’s only 26 and is in the 96th percentile for aerial duels won and the 90th percentile for defensive actions by strikers at a similar level. Not sure how much they spent but can’t imagine it was much considering the owners barely spend a penny. Sounds like a player Warne would have loved, wonder if we looked at him. 

Apparently it was upto 2.5m so more than likely out of our price range