Transfer rumours

9 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It happens.  Wisdom was captain of England U21'S and had played regular for Liverpool before he came here on loan.  We are one of the more attractive clubs in terms of playing regularly in front of a pretty large expectant crowd in this league.  McClaren was a big pull as a coach, known to improve the level of players at an already very high level.  Sending youngsters here would seen as fast tracking their competency for the best standard under him.   

Wisdom had not made as many appearences though I recall. That was his best period with us.

42 minutes ago, KBB said:

The problem with twitter and things like this is some fans, none on here I must say, will see this, think its true and then when Bradley starts or we sign another centre half will say things like " what happened to quansah we were getting?" "Warne won't like his favourite Bradley losing his place", "thought it was all agreed Warne has no pulling power", "clowes trying to do it on the cheap we are going down"

I think the problem is the fans that would believe such an unrealistic rumour.  Any fan who thinks this could even have a glimmer of being legit clearly lack football knowledge.   

Sounds harsh but it's true

3 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Wisdom had not made as many appearences though I recall. That was his best period with us.

No too much in it

Wisdom
League: 14 games (1096 mins)
Europe: 4 games (301 mins)
Other cups: 4 games (344 mins)

Quansah
League: 17 games (1190 mins)
Europe: 7 games (539 mins)
Other cups: 13 games (1125 mins)

39 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It happens.  Wisdom was captain of England U21'S and had played regular for Liverpool before he came here on loan.  We are one of the more attractive clubs in terms of playing regularly in front of a pretty large expectant crowd in this league.  McClaren was a big pull as a coach, known to improve the level of players at an already very high level.  Sending youngsters here would seen as fast tracking their competency for the best standard under him.   

Last season Quansah looked ready for the first team, he made the odd error but looks like a young Van Dijk, so composed on the ball. I would be amazed if they loaned him out, even if they were you'd imagine there would be Premiership interest in him.

On 21/07/2024 at 09:10, rams_1233 said:

Any update on incomings @Big Trav @Round the Houses @SECornerRAM

Sorry for being quiet, I’ll only post when I see something or if I get told something directly.

We have been active for a Left Wing Back. Osborn has been brought in predominately as a central midfielder with the added bonus of wing back cover (the fact that he’s Number 8 suggests this highly too)

We have had a bid for Derry Murkin at Schalke rejected and we haven’t gone back in yet as a priority for central midfield and GK have taken focus. 

4 minutes ago, Round the Houses said:

Sorry for being quiet, I’ll only post when I see something or if I get told something directly.

We have been active for a Left Wing Back. Osborn has been brought in predominately as a central midfielder with the added bonus of wing back cover (the fact that he’s Number 8 suggests this highly too)

We have had a bid for Derry Murkin at Schalke rejected and we haven’t gone back in yet as a priority for central midfield and GK have taken focus. 

Seen a few Leeds fans talking about Derry Murkin, don’t think they’ve ever been actually linked maybe someone suggested him or something. Schalke apparently would sell him for 2 million euros or 1.7 million pounds. Surely out of our price range but would be a good long term lwb option. 

23 minutes ago, Round the Houses said:

I should be on the club's payroll. Someone I hoped we could sign last summer, but realised he would probably be out of our price range.

On 15/06/2023 at 18:53, Ghost of Clough said:

Derry Murkin - LWB - 5 assists for FC Volendam in the Dutch league. Born in England but moved to the Netherlands aged 4. 23 years old, 1 year left on his contract. Scored 20 goals for their U21 side in 18/19 (playing as a winger). Converted to LWB in 20/21.

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Seen a few Leeds fans talking about Derry Murkin, don’t think they’ve ever been actually linked maybe someone suggested him or something. Schalke apparently would sell him for 2 million euros or 1.7 million pounds. Surely out of our price range but would be a good long term lwb option. 

They were probably talking about an entirely different murkin.  Filthy beasts

kenneth-williams.gif?quality=90&strip=al

2 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Criminal. Put alongside not taking a fit left back Southgate shouldn’t have been in a position to step down. But that’s a different matter as Southgate made them all mates, nothing to do that club rivalry between players doesn’t really exist between players any more. They’re all mates off the field regardless of club. But we’ll credit Gaz with it. 👏

Read earlier on X that West Ham has supposedly put in a bid for Tomori. No idea if true but if he did come back to the PL then who knows, we may see him in an England shirt again.....and rightly so.

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

Do teams have to offer big fees to get players in , on loan ? Don’t think we are trying to “Do it on the cheap”. But Warne had a great record of making a profit for Rovrum in the Championship .

I suppose that depends.  500k season long loan fees seemed to be the norm for the better youngsters.  That's probably increased.  It seems reasonable to spend a million on a striker for a season if they've got a proven record of goals at this level and it keeps you in the division or gets you in the playoffs at the other end.  a 5th/6th finish should probably be the aim for any club going up now as it's possible without self destruction.  Ipswich were an exception.  With the failure payments being so large, you'd need a fortune as the norm to hope for a top 3 place.  Competitive and hope you can do a Luton is about as good as i'd expect nowadays. Footballs been broken financially.

3 hours ago, KBB said:

The problem with twitter and things like this is some fans, none on here I must say, will see this, think its true and then when Bradley starts or we sign another centre half will say things like " what happened to quansah we were getting?" "Warne won't like his favourite Bradley losing his place", "thought it was all agreed Warne has no pulling power", "clowes trying to do it on the cheap we are going down"

I had to convince a mate that we weren't selling Liam Thompson to Wolves for £10m, as if they wanted him, they could've got him on the cheap compensation while out of contract. The DET handily ran this article pushing some Football Manager prediction, which as some fellow idiot posted as gospel on Facebook, he then believed as the truth. 

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-transfers-championship-2024-9398424

Obviously we're signing a 21 year old Dutch keeper who's only played 5 professional games for £4.1m...

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The situations are completely different. There’s zero chance this has any credibility whatsoever, and I’d question our club’s sanity if we had made a loan offer.

I’m already struggling to see what our starting lineup will be once Yates is available.

Surely we have to assume some will leave in order for others to join?

Assuming Nyambe and Osborne will start, I can’t see a place for Wilson, Bradley or Forsyth.

Also, assuming Jackson and NML start, where does that leave Barks, Collins and CBT when we’ve already said we’re looking for forwards?

55 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The situations are completely different. There’s zero chance this has any credibility whatsoever, and I’d question our club’s sanity if we had made a loan offer.

I'm not sure they are other than someone may pay a larger loan fee and we don't have one of Europe's best coaches. They're basically at the same stage of development.  To loan a player with 10 games in the League and a new manager who could assess him at decent level with a January recall isn't insane at all.  We're not Matlock Town.  

47 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I’m already struggling to see what our starting lineup will be once Yates is available.

Assuming Nyambe and Osborne will start, I can’t see a place for Wilson, Bradley or Forsyth.

Also, assuming Jackson and NML start, where does that leave Barks, Collins and CBT when we’ve already said we’re looking for forwards?

With matchday squads now numbering 20 players and adding on another 4 or 5 players out injured, we're going to need all those. Warne will need 2 full teams of players, which will need to be carefully managed, because if you're having a decent run, you'll want to keep the same team and those left out won't be happy.

58 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

There has to be options. After the injuries we had last season, we need (and can afford to have) the depth. Even with the extras coming in, we lost so many in the close season, that most will need to be filled before we lose any. We know Warne likes horses for courses too.

Still expect Fornah to leave, probably on loan. Brown I suspect will go out on loan too. In an ideal world, Washington leaves too.

Nyambe will only compete with Wilson for RB. Bradley and Foz second choice CBs, with Cash and Nelson to start. 

Yates will be unavailable for a minimum of 5 games this season (suspended the first 3, won't be eligible to play against his parent club, unless we sign him permanently in Jan).

With all the players you mention, that's only 2 per position for either 3 or 5, or 4 at the back.

Edited by Animal is a Ram