Transfer rumours

11 hours ago, rams_1233 said:

Any update on incomings @Big Trav @Round the Houses @SECornerRAM

Ozoh ✒️ club very happy with this one 

Dembele offer in, he has 4 contract offers from the champ and we aren't the highest bidder in terms of £p/w  

There's a list of GK but have no update on where they're at with them atm 

Decision from the parent club / player on loan LB by end of week 

Expected to kick into gear pretty rapidly this week. Lots of 'second bids / follow ups' going in 

Club want a keeper In for Saturday to give 2 friendlies before Blackburn 

2 minutes ago, SECornerRAM said:

Dembele offer in, he has 4 contract offers from the champ and we aren't the highest bidder in terms of £p/w  

Expected to kick into gear pretty rapidly this week. Lots of 'second bids / follow ups' going in 

So dembele is either fancy the derby project or go for the extra dollar 

20 minutes ago, SECornerRAM said:

If he’s in for Saturday that will be 3 friendlies.

1 minute ago, Topram said:

Surely Dembele goes to highest offer 

You would imagine that would be the case, but how high that offer is could be anyone's guess. He's still an under-sized, untried prospect at this level and despite looking like really good value to us, considering his significant technical ability, like Kenzo Goudmijn there are questions about how impactful he's going to be at this level. 

I think he's probably moved about a bit for a young lad and could be considering his next move in terms of where he would best settle, but whoever he signs for will have to at least equal his best terms on offer. I'd love him to sign for us, don't get me wrong, but I could see why teams wouldn't throw a king's ransom at him. 

I do really like the Ozoh signing for a lot of reasons: I think his attributes suit our system/way of play, he's clearly very good prospect and has a genuine opportunity of a career in the Premier League. He's also a very good deputy to Ebou, although in order to sign him I would imagine the idea is to play Ebou/Ozoh as a double pivot more often than not. Who knows. It looks like he can carry the ball well and he's more of a well-rounded midfielder than Ebou so wouldn't be against it. We know that we are going to be in battles, under the cosh a lot of the time this season, so helps having two guys in the middle of the park that can make life difficult for the opposition. 

Not necessarily a transfer rumour, but something I did find interesting when looking at the Swedish Goalie Jacob Widell Zetterströms instagram is him and Scott Loach have started following eachother. Maybe Jacob has asked him about the club and the goalie coach etc ? Certainly isn’t a coincidence as Scott Loach isn’t the most known goalie in the world and I can’t imagine he hasn’t the biggest Swedish fan base.

10 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Not necessarily a transfer rumour, but something I did find interesting when looking at the Swedish Goalie Jacob Widell Zetterströms instagram is him and Scott Loach have started following eachother. Maybe Jacob has asked him about the club and the goalie coach etc ? Certainly isn’t a coincidence as Scott Loach isn’t the most known goalie in the world and I can’t imagine he hasn’t the biggest Swedish fan base.

Also dived a bit further into this and he has followed another East Midlands goalie coach Stephen Waite who follows multiple Derby players and seems to coach youth in Chesterfield, Derby and Leicester.

25 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Good find - not sure the JWZ is a go-er though. The club want very decent money for him and I'm not sure we're going to spend £2-3m on a goalkeeper. 

I'd like to be surprised, of course, because he does seem like a genuine talent but plenty of good keepers knocking around that it's a position where you don't need to spend a lot of money - especially given our requirements in other areas of the pitch. 

14 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Good find - not sure the JWZ is a go-er though. The club want very decent money for him and I'm not sure we're going to spend £2-3m on a goalkeeper. 

I'd like to be surprised, of course, because he does seem like a genuine talent but plenty of good keepers knocking around that it's a position where you don't need to spend a lot of money - especially given our requirements in other areas of the pitch. 

Hard to know when we were linked to him I read a few articles, it was reported wolves were quoted 3 million for him but Swedish media said wolves never actually contacted Djurgardens about him. Also quoting a premier league club extra to try get extra money is a common occurrence. Also let’s say we sign him for around 900 thousand on a 4 year contract at roughly 8-10 thousand a week as the average player salary over there is 3-4 thousand the deal would be a 2.5-3 million deal all in. If we were to sign Iverson the transfer fee would be more than that alone and then his wages would be well higher, aswell as Rodak wanting crazy wages let’s say 25 thousand for arguments sake that’s a 5.2 million deal on a “free transfer” if it was a 4 year contract. That’s why shopping abroad can be so useful I think we could well see him end up at pride park yet.