Transfer rumours

On 18/07/2024 at 11:13, Scott129 said:

Why has it taken so long for us to start looking abroad for players?

Because until the rule changes this year, the post Brexit rules essentially made it impossible for anyone outside the Prem to buy overseas.

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Any ideas on who the midfielder that's signing on Monday is?

Ozoh on the bench for Palace today so don't look like it's him.

As is Ebiowei apparently. 

It could be a more attacking midfielder (like Dembele) but from that interview it felt like it was another central midfielder. 

8 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Any ideas on who the midfielder that's signing on Monday is?

Ozoh on the bench for Palace today so don't look like it's him.

Don’t think Ozoh being on the bench means that he’s not signing as given it would be a loan. 

I would agree if he was a target on a permanent but presumably the purpose of palace loaning him out is to develop him so no reason he shouldn’t continue their pre-season in the meantime 

2 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Don’t think Ozoh being on the bench means that he’s not signing as given it would be a loan. 

I would agree if he was a target on a permanent but presumably the purpose of palace loaning him out is to develop him so no reason he shouldn’t continue their pre-season in the meantime 

I'm sure George Thorne was on the bench or even playing the day before he signed.

If we were to get Owen Beck, Ozoh and a goalkeeper I’d be happy to start the season. Wouldn't surprise me if the striker comes late in the window as we might wanna ship a few and the striker market usually is a domino effect so the more movement above us the more likelihood we have of getting one in. 

I think Mat Ryan is the one we missed, as there was a lot of noise around that. 

The Brighton midfielder, maybe, as the one starting with us on Monday.

I do appreciate the club are stressing the severity in needing bodies - actually fills me with confidence that we will get there in the end.