Transfer rumours

9 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We need quicker defensive options in the middle of defence for certain games, a left back with some pace and probably a taller and quicker option up top.  We need a goalie and more goals from midfield.  If Adams comes in,  we still need 5 or 6 players of a good standard to be looking at mid table region without relegation panic.  I can see Fornah, Bradley and Forsyth leaving. Rooney and Blackett-Taylor possibly going out on loan with recalls.  Brown on  full loan for the season.  Barkhuizen i'd keep but I don't think he's a Warne favourite, so he could be going I reckon.

See if my Septic Peg thoughts pan out. 

I hope that nothing you've said comes off apart from maybe fornah if we have cover , the rest is just dumb on a whole néw level 

2 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Seen him live against Celtic and he was absolutely awful and they lost 7-1. He also only managed to get 2 starts in league one for Bolton in the 22/23 season. I also watched him play Celtic on tv where he was tore a new one by Maeda and Mikey Johnston and they lost 3-0.

Maybe Celtic have his number then but Dundee fans raved about him and he was in the SPL team of the season so he must have something about him.

3 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Maybe Celtic have his number then but Dundee fans raved about him and he was in the SPL team of the season so he must have something about him.

Dundee? Equivalent to Swindon maybe? Difficult to judge.

13 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Gives an idea that we should expect a fair few more signings 

Sounds pretty much as we’d expect, we’re still a good few short. 

That said, I’d change the front line strengthening from could to absolutely needs strengthening again.

Unless Brown has a huge breakout season (which I would love to see, but it’s be a lot of expectation on the lad) then we are almost totally dependent upon Yates.

28 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Dundee? Equivalent to Swindon maybe? Difficult to judge.

Celtic players will have been at the level of championship so it’s a good sample size. It’s ok to do well against Livingston, Ross county and the likes but that’s mid league 1 standard.

15 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Celtic players will have been at the level of championship so it’s a good sample size. It’s ok to do well against Livingston, Ross county and the likes but that’s mid league 1 standard.

League 1/League 2 for the smaller clubs.

53 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Sounds pretty much as we’d expect, we’re still a good few short. 

That said, I’d change the front line strengthening from could to absolutely needs strengthening again.

Unless Brown has a huge breakout season (which I would love to see, but it’s be a lot of expectation on the lad) then we are almost totally dependent upon Yates.

Spain are about to play a 16 year old in a Euro final - you only know if they are currently good enough when you actually play them so we should definitely be giving him a proper go before we are farming him out again whilst we have needs in that position.

17 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Spain are about to play a 16 year old in a Euro final - you only know if they are currently good enough when you actually play them so we should definitely be giving him a proper go before we are farming him out again whilst we have needs in that position.

Yep, although he’s a bit of an exception.

Would love Brown to earn his place as a backup/rotation option with Yates this season

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Yep, although he’s a bit of an exception.

Would love Brown to earn his place as a backup/rotation option with Yates this season

I know it was only Matlock but he looked the full package from the extended highlights. It would magical if our striker was an academy product.. he looked strong, quick footed and tricky. He moved well, there’s a flow about some athletes that suggests restrained power. Looking forward to seeing how he does in the next friendlies.