Transfer rumours

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Gives an idea that we should expect a fair few more signings 

We need quicker defensive options in the middle of defence for certain games, a left back with some pace and probably a taller and quicker option up top.  We need a goalie and more goals from midfield.  If Adams comes in,  we still need 5 or 6 players of a good standard to be looking at mid table region without relegation panic.  I can see Fornah, Bradley and Forsyth leaving. Rooney and Blackett-Taylor possibly going out on loan with recalls.  Brown on  full loan for the season.  Barkhuizen i'd keep but I don't think he's a Warne favourite, so he could be going I reckon.

See if my Septic Peg thoughts pan out. 

6 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Could it also suggest Osborn is intended for that lwb role, meaning we need Adams and 2 or 3 more to bring us back to the numbers we had last season? Osborn replaces Sibley (not like for like as a player but in terms of numbers and role as per last season) then Kenzo replacing one of Bird/Smith/Hourihane leaves 2 more to be brought in? 

"2 or 3 or 4" to me suggests Osborn will play wherever. We'll be trying to sign a LWB, in which case Osborn plays CM and we only sign 2 or 3 more. Failing that, Osborn plays LWB and we sign 3 or 4 CMs.

Rather than who he wants to bring in who does Warne want to see out the door? I don’t expect our departures to be happening until the last 48 hours of the transfer window. 
I suspect he may well be wanting a move for Fornah having failed to impress and failed to get off the bench or even on it in league one, Maybe a loan for Robinson for game time and Rooney to aid his recovery from injury. Does he still want Elder? I am not so sure. I hope he still wants Thompson but has underused him so far, as for Brown I hope we keep him and use him in games in the championship to carry a different kind of threat probably from the bench. Ward I suspect is still in recovery from his operation and may take some time but could be one he is looking to move on and Blacket -Taylor has shown nothing to encourage or be confident about going forward at this point. Barkhauzen is usually a pick to leave by many it seems but his championship record is decent and on par or better than some we have signed. 
Just some basic thoughts. 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Rather than who he wants to bring in who does Warne want to see out the door? I don’t expect our departures to be happening until the last 48 hours of the transfer window. 
I suspect he may well be wanting a move for Fornah having failed to impress and failed to get off the bench or even on it in league one, Maybe a loan for Robinson for game time and Rooney to aid his recovery from injury. Does he still want Elder? I am not so sure. I hope he still wants Thompson but has underused him so far, as for Brown I hope we keep him and use him in games in the championship to carry a different kind of threat probably from the bench. Ward I suspect is still in recovery from his operation and may take some time but could be one he is looking to move on and Blacket -Taylor has shown nothing to encourage or be confident about going forward at this point. Barkhauzen is usually a pick to leave by many it seems but his championship record is decent and on par or better than some we have signed. 
Just some basic thoughts. 

Agree with pretty much all of your comments.

Hoping CBT starts to get the Derby vibe and shows his true potential.

The others come into the category of ‘okay’ which won’t be enough in the championship.

I’m actually quite pleased with the steady nature of the recruitment so far. 

The next challenge will be trying to replicate the team spirit of last season with new signings.

There’s an offer of a season long loan for Brown that has been on the table for a while but we won’t sanction it until mid/late August. With Yates suspended he’s needed as cover. I personally hope we keep him around but only if he gets plenty of minutes, I’m sure the crossbar at Matlock is still shaking now. 

33 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

There’s an offer of a season long loan for Brown that has been on the table for a while but we won’t sanction it until mid/late August. With Yates suspended he’s needed as cover. I personally hope we keep him around but only if he gets plenty of minutes, I’m sure the crossbar at Matlock is still shaking now. 

Very sensible. Quite apart from cover, I actually think a couple of sub appearances would be great for his progress i.e. exposure to the highest level of football he's ever experienced before dropping to League One/Chesterfield for regular football. It'll give him a benchmark taster for the standard he'd have to operate in & hopefully whets the appetite.

Elsewhere, I dont think we're in bad shape as a first Xi as things stand. I see Osborn more as a LWB than a CM, with Adams (once signed) & Goudmijn being the central 2 & Ward or Wilson as RWB. The glaring hole is obviously GK & would like that plugging in the next week or so for the new guy to have time to build that bond with the CBs before the season starts.

I'd also see Thompson as a first team contender & would like him to be used regularly as a 10/in a 3 man midfield. He didnt look out of place 2.5 years ago when pitched into the Championship first team & his ability to rat for the ball & retain possession is underrated IMO. Great sequence of play v Orient at home where he wriggled away from 3 of their midfielders at close proximity before one of them had to hack him down to stop him breaking on their back line. I think he's a much better player now than when we left the Championship.

The issue with us at the moment is squad depth & Id imagine Fornah and Washington will be offered temp/perm moves away to exacerbate this. Warne's comments are encouraging in wanting more numbers & suggests a bit of activity in the loan market late on.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

11 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

How often have you seen him play?

Seen him live against Celtic and he was absolutely awful and they lost 7-1. He also only managed to get 2 starts in league one for Bolton in the 22/23 season. I also watched him play Celtic on tv where he was tore a new one by Maeda and Mikey Johnston and they lost 3-0.

34 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Id really hope we’re trying to get better than that.

He's good in 1 on 1s defensively, a good dribbler, and creates a lot of chances. Weak in the air, but that's less likely to be exposed in a back 3/5

29 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

No no no no !!! 

The very mention of his name brings beck another massive fee  haunting !! 

Although we did make our money beck (ish) when we managed to flog him .

unnamed.jpg

Are you trying to upset people for the weekend? 

I've been trying to forget him. My counselling had been going so well but, now, I may be back in therapy next week. Thanks.

9 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We need quicker defensive options in the middle of defence for certain games, a left back with some pace and probably a taller and quicker option up top.  We need a goalie and more goals from midfield.  If Adams comes in,  we still need 5 or 6 players of a good standard to be looking at mid table region without relegation panic.  I can see Fornah, Bradley and Forsyth leaving. Rooney and Blackett-Taylor possibly going out on loan with recalls.  Brown on  full loan for the season.  Barkhuizen i'd keep but I don't think he's a Warne favourite, so he could be going I reckon.

See if my Septic Peg thoughts pan out. 

Why on earth would we loan out Blackett-Taylor?