Transfer rumours

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Correct. I believe that unless we match his existing wage, even for a shorter contract, we're not entitled to any compensation.

Seems a bit shortsighted, if true, unless he really is on a wage that doesn't fit into our new salary structure.

Precisely, so not call @MACKWORTHRAMout on his ITK. But at least part of his story cannot be true. 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Correct. I believe that unless we match his existing wage, even for a shorter contract, we're not entitled to any compensation.

Seems a bit shortsighted, if true, unless he really is on a wage that doesn't fit into our new salary structure.

As you say, that could be the point. If his current salary is outside of our new salary structure and we'd offered him an extension on the same terms (just to make sure we get compensation), he might well have snapped our hands off (depending on what his actual salary was and what he agent can get for him at other clubs).

To be fair we could’ve offered him the same wage. But on a 1 year deal and Warne’s told him it’s for compo purposes. Doubt he’d sign that even if financially it is the best offer.

5 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Plays in Denmark too that Thordason so could be one of the ones Warne went to watch.

Just on Sibley, I've heard he's 100% not staying. No idea where he's going.

From what I heard we offered him a one year deal on less money than he's on now.

Essentially the reason for that is because we've offered him a new deal, we'll be entitled to compensation because he's an academy player.

That’s incorrect - you have to offer terms equal or greater than the previous contract to be entitled to compensation. 

I would believe it would have to match or exceed the entire value of his last contract - so whatever he earned over the four years, not per season.