Transfer rumours

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

A rumour I've been told, which apparently originates from Cashin's mum is that Ipswich are sniffing around him.

Brum, Brizzle, Boro, the Irons and now the Tractor Botherers too!?!

If true and if he goes, I reckon it's going to be for an 8 figure fee. It would be gutting to see him leave though but I'm doubtful that he would he leave for another Championship club. Ipswich would be more of a worry though.

38 minutes ago, Srg said:

A rumour I've been told, which apparently originates from Cashin's mum is that Ipswich are sniffing around him.

If Cashin was to go I really hope we sell him for 12+ million he’s 22 a class act and has 3 years left on a new contract. 

26 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

Cashin to Forest is the latest rumour (to be loaned straight out). £4.5m

Source?

Unless that's his contract release figure (which seems low anyway), they can FRO. I've heard he hates Greek food 😉

1 hour ago, Srg said:

That's a definite.  They were taking him on loan last September as part of the Brighton move but Derby insisted on Edmundson to facilitate the loan, they wanted to have the whole cake and refused, so we refused. That's why the deal fell apart last minute.  They are still very keen.  Without knowing his contract details, I'd assume his agent would have got a buyout clause for premier league interest inserted if they've done their job.  Meet said figure will probably be off, we'll probably get Edmundson though.  

3 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

If Cashin was to go I really hope we sell him for 12+ million he’s 22 a class act and has 3 years left on a new contract. 

I would have thought Prem teams would want to see what Cashin can do in the Championship before they spend over £5 mill. I was at Lincoln when quick players made him look like he was running in treacle. I was also at Northampton when his marking was terrible . Let’s all hope he can make the step up .

It’s interesting to hear about potential Cashin links. There have been 2 CB names which have come to me in the last couple of days, 1 has visited the training ground and the other has only been in spoken about (I’m sorry I’m unsure which is in which order)

• Harry Souttar (Leicester) 

• Nigel Lonwijk (Wolves)

In my opinion, 2 very different centre backs but wouldn’t have thought we’d be after 2, unless there were any departures…

With the information provided, I believe Souttar is a loan and Lonwijk is permanent. 

Will update if I get any more info. 

4 minutes ago, Round the Houses said:

It’s interesting to hear about potential Cashin links. There have been 2 CB names which have come to me in the last couple of days, 1 has visited the training ground and the other has only been in spoken about (I’m sorry I’m unsure which is in which order)

• Nigel Lonwijk (Wolves)

In my opinion, 2 very different centre backs but wouldn’t have thought we’d be after 2, unless there were any departures…

With the information provided, I believe Souttar is a loan and Lonwijk is permanent. 

Didn’t Leicester pay 20 million last summer ?

5 minutes ago, Round the Houses said:

• Nigel Lonwijk (Wolves)

Bradley rumoured to be off which would mean we need two, so fingers crossed Cash stays! 

7 minutes ago, Round the Houses said:

• Nigel Lonwijk (Wolves)

Souttar would suit us down to the ground. In the middle of Cashin and Nelson he’d be a great option. Longwijk certainly had great potential also

9 minutes ago, Round the Houses said:

• Nigel Lonwijk (Wolves)

I’d wondered about Souttar.  He was decent at Stoke and signed for Leicester at the wrong time and was probably a panic buy in their relegation season.  He’s not Prem quality and Leicester will need rid.

16 minutes ago, Round the Houses said:

• Nigel Lonwijk (Wolves)

Seem like good options from what I know of them.

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Am I missing something (quite likely)?

Not particularly wishing to defend him but how is losing Sibley (if he does actually go) with zero compensation down to Mel? 

He survived the cull required to survive administration and if the current ownership/management regime thought he was worthy, we could offer him terms sufficient to generate a compensation payment.

Well you could argue that it was Mel who gave him an over inflated contract at the time that we’re now not willing to match.

With such big earners in the squad at the time and Sibleys electric burst onto the scene the numbers probably seemed justified. Circumstances have vastly changed since and he was likely one of the highest earners at the club last season. 

5 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Brum, Brizzle, Boro, the Irons and now the Tractor Botherers too!?!

If true and if he goes, I reckon it's going to be for an 8 figure fee. It would be gutting to see him leave though but I'm doubtful that he would he leave for another Championship club. Ipswich would be more of a worry though.

Yeah I agree, Ipswich would be a tough move to turn down. Would expect to be a starter for them, good chance to impress in the prem this season. And worst case be a good signing for the championship