UEFA Euro 2024 Thread

Day

I really hope something clicks soon. 

This is messy. The amount of times we stop the ball dead is unacceptable. It's like we are inviting a press but I can't tell why? 

All that happens is stupid errors. 

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect us to create plenty of chances v Slovenia, Serbia, Denmark and Slovakia. It's not good enough. We aren't playing to our strengths when a lot of teams would love our attacking options. 

Feels like everyone could do so much more. Southgate can't accept this. 

Great goal from Bellingham. We got over the line and the next game should be seen as an opportunity. Palmer has to start.

7 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

Hard is not the right word Ramit...fcuking lucky more like, The luck started when we had a free kick their player saw an opportunity got the ball and missed a golden chance.

When we went 2-1 up we again revert to defend, We had yet another free kick on the halfway line...5 England players around the ball withing 30 seconds Slovakia are in our box...shocking play all round...lucky lucky lucky 🙄

Luck plays a part in football and tends to follow the better teams, just saying.  It went to extra time, so a bit hard fought perhaps?

A win is a win, anything can happen, Southgate for 16 more years even, heh

3 minutes ago, ramit said:

Luck plays a part in football and tends to follow the better teams, just saying.  It went to extra time, so a bit hard fought perhaps?

A win is a win, anything can happen, Southgate for 16 more years even, heh

You were doing so well...then you had to ruin it with your last sentence  😁

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I haven’t made myself look stupid. Southgate was dug out of an absolutely atrocious managerial performance by two world class players. There is no defending him tonight.

5 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

You can't defend that performance and come across as serious.

Don't remember defending the performance? We were poor, all I know is we are through to the next round, and Southgate retaining his faith in his players when all the Internet experts were demanding substitutions, has paid dividends.

I'll keep on supporting my team and manager until the bitter end. I'll leave the crying on the Internet and demanding sackings to others.

It's no surprise to me, that it's the same names that spent 9 months telling us how bad Warne is calling for his head, are exactly the same ones doing the same with Southgate.

Anyway, must shoot, got another quarter final to get ready for 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

7 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

You can't defend that performance and come across as serious.

I'll semi defend it. Yes, we were very poor if you compare the way we play to Man City, which it feels like people expect us to play like.

But we clearly didn't play very well tonight either. Saying that, in the 2nd half Kane missed a glorious chance he should have buried and Foden criminally ran offside when he should have easily held his run for a tap in. Rice also had that great shot against the post, but was from nothing.

If you are making good chances, you need to score, regardless of how well you are playing. England are becoming like West Ham. We'll probably win the Euros, then people will still be hysterically calling for Southgate's head as we are not playing good enough football.

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I do to a degree, but their attempts at time-wasting and faking injury were pretty odious and were indirectly and deservedly part of their undoing.

That's very true and was quite unnecessary as they'd shown that they were capable of keeping the ball with some nice little triangles.

They were cynical. We were poor and pickford was just a nob with his histrionics when doing not very much.

6 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I do to a degree, but their attempts at time-wasting and faking injury were pretty odious and were indirectly and deservedly part of their undoing.

Those 6mins look to have come back and bite em on the bum 👍

They had ample opportunities to take the ball into the corner to run the clock down...thank fcuk they didn't 👍

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

That's very true and was quite unnecessary as they'd shown that they were capable of keeping the ball with some nice little triangles.

They were cynical. We were poor and pickford was just a nob with his histrionics when doing not very much.

TBF to Pickford, I think that allot of the time he was trying to get them to push further forward - I doubt he enjoyed receiving regular back passes in tight positions on that pitch.

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Don't remember defending the performance? We were poor, all I know is we are through to the next round, and Southgate retaining his faith in his players when all the Internet experts were demanding substitutions, has paid dividends.

I'll keep on supporting my team and manager until the bitter end. I'll leave the crying on the Internet and demanding sackings to others.

It's no surprise to me, that it's the same names that spent 9 months telling us how bad Warne is calling for his head, are exactly the same ones doing the same with Southgate.

You said that I’d made myself look stupid criticising him… if that ain’t defending him I don’t know what is.

Southgate “retaining his faith in the players” would’ve seen the most embarrassing exit from a tournament in years, were it not for a moment of absolute genius from Jude Bellingham - which Southgate had no control over.

You keep on thinking every manager is brilliant irrespective of what happens, the rest of us will actually assess their performance - which for Southgate has been atrocious so far this tournament. And I rated him as England’s second greatest ever manager prior to this tournament. He’s let himself down BIG time.

21 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

England looked far better when Trippier got injured, Saka went to left wingback and Palmer came on.

Do you think that change would have happened if Trippier didn’t get injured?

I’ve been nowhere near as critical as some about Southgate on here.

But England got through that tie in spite of Southgate, not because of anything positive that Southgate did.

It was such a wretched display and England were bailed out by circumstance and Bellingham’s individual quality. 

How bad was the referee eh? 

Giving those soft yellows out, 2 within 10 minutes?, set himself up for failure. 

Slovakia should have been down to 10. 

It's quite concerning to see the frustration in the body language of Bellingham, Foden and Rice during play. They're hampered by something. It's like we're our own worst enemy. Think that's what frustrates fans most. All the pieces are there. 

Obviously you need luck too even if you're playing well enough, as we saw with Germany. 

Tournament football is good for a bit of shithousery innit