UEFA Euro 2024 Thread

Day

Our defence is terrible we are all over the place and trying to be clever when dealing with the long ball trying to place a header from defence to someone that just puts us under pressure. The pitch looks terrible so players are having to take an extra touch to bring the ball under control. The ref is awful booking players that have hardly done anything then letting cynical fouls unpublished. It’s a head scratcher for me.

This is exactly one of the worst managerial efforts I can think of. It’s not just he got it wrong, it’s that he couldn’t even identify or admit it, let alone put the changes in to rectify it. The majority of the country and see the basic issues and he just keeps twatting about with the second central midfielder - and that’s nothing against Mainoo, but Foden, Bellingham, Trippier, Saka, Kane and Walker are all bigger problems to his this team is playing. 

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

This is exactly one of the worst managerial efforts I can think of. It’s not just he got it wrong, it’s that he couldn’t even identify or admit it, let alone put the changes in to rectify it. The majority of the country and see the basic issues and he just keeps twatting about with the second central midfielder - and that’s nothing against Mainoo, but Foden, Bellingham, Trippier, Saka, Kane and Walker are all bigger problems to his this team is playing. 

Tactically dreadful. But I think it goes deeper than that now. The togetherness has completely gone.

5 minutes ago, LazloW said:

If I were a manager I'd fine any one of my players if they received the ball and then stood still with it. Far too much of that going on. Keep the thing moving, get some bloody tempo into the game, don't allow them to get back into their shape. And besides anything else it is bloody irritating. 

It's fecking outrageous. 

If there's no options then it's either the system (so Southgate should wake the hell up) or it's players not doing as asked (so Southgate should have learned this in the first 3 hours we played) 

There's no excuse. All this talk of patience... Is this really what he sees when he watches the games back? There should be more patience? I can't believe that. If that is what he sees then he's going nowhere and doing nothing after he leaves England. 

Slovenia, Denmark, Slovakia and Serbia.... We've not created chances, we've not had periods of sustained pressure, we've treated all 4 like they're going to roll over at the sight of John Stones stood still. 

We have ball playing center backs that don't play. Everything they do, Jake Buxton could do. 

It's hard to work out what everyone is supposed to be doing. What does Harry Kane do? What's his instruction? Just scored,Harry. Just score all the goals. 

Doesn’t help that the players who you’d think would be the ones leading by example just aren’t doing it. Kane just looks permanently knackered and Bellingham’s been anonymous since the goal against Serbia. No one trying to take the game by the scruff of the neck, everyone a passenger.