Herbie Kane

I think Warne said something about six weeks in terms of signings. That was only ten days or so ago.

At the moment it seems to be about identifying targets.

I am hoping for some exciting surprises rather than just a few from teams who didn’t quite make it up this year.

I’m trying to stay relaxed about it all but that will end when the first corner flag post drops 😊

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I think Warne said something about six weeks in terms of signings. That was only ten days or so ago.

At the moment it seems to be about identifying targets.

I am hoping for some exciting surprises rather than just a few from teams who didn’t quite make it up this year.

I’m trying to stay relaxed about it all but that will end when the first corner flag post drops 😊

I really hope we are not still identifying targets.

The club have been in the promotion hunt for weeks, so surely the recruitment department have spent the last few weeks discussing with Paul Warne what kind of players he thinks we will need for if we go up.

If we are still identifying targets, then what the hell have they been playing at?

17 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

The club have been in the promotion hunt for weeks, so surely the recruitment department have spent the last few weeks discussing with Paul Warne what kind of players he thinks we will need for if we go up.

If we are still identifying targets, then what the hell have they been playing at?

Some of our initial targets might be Oxford players for example so it may be assumed they won’t want to move.

There will be due diligence being done on the players and whether they are open to a move to Derby.

Also, the new TV deal and other changes in the offing (who knows?) might affect our available budget and therefore our targets.

These things take time.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

Signed in just to say this.

We are doomed if we are still in the stage of identifying targets. Pre-contract agreements can be made with any non-English based players up to 6 months before the end of their contract.

We can only approach players of English clubs 1 month before the end of their contract (usually June 30th), however if they have been confirmed as being released on the clubs retained list then I'm sure we wouldn't be waiting until May 30th to start contacting them.

Considering the amount of players we need to bring in this summer, I would fully expect we already have at least 1 contract in late stages of agreement. Rotherham for example have already announced 3 new free-agent signings in Jonson Clarke-Harris, Shaun McWilliams and Joe Rafferty.

Edited by Dan_Ram
spelling

I’m not fussed if this is one we’re after or not but all I’d say on the criticisms of him from Barnsley fans is just look at some of the comments about Bird when it came out he was leaving for Brizzle.

Fans will usually play down and focus on the negatives of any player leaving… 

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

I’m not fussed if this is one we’re after or not but all I’d say on the criticisms of him from Barnsley fans is just look at some of the comments about Bird when it came out he was leaving for Brizzle.

Fans will usually play down and focus on the negatives of any player leaving… 

exactly what i said the other day.

On 21/05/2024 at 16:04, Dan_Ram said:

Signed in just to say this.

We are doomed if we are still in the stage of identifying targets. Pre-contract agreements can be made with any non-English based players up to 6 months before the end of their contract.

We can only approach players of English clubs 1 month before the end of their contract (usually June 30th), however if they have been confirmed as being released on the clubs retained list then I'm sure we wouldn't be waiting until May 30th to start contacting them.

Considering the amount of players we need to bring in this summer, I would fully expect we already have at least 1 contract in late stages of agreement. Rotherham for example have already announced 3 new free-agent signings in Jonson Clarke-Harris, Shaun McWilliams and Joe Rafferty.

We literally don't know anything about what's going on yet 🤣

21 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We literally don't know anything about what's going on yet 🤣

We have snippets...like for the last weeks of the season Warney had told the recruitment team to focus entirely on Championship quality players. Also that nothing is likely to occur much before July. 

Anyone getting tense should realise it'll be August before the squad is in place. Enjoy the Euros. Get on your holidays. Enjoy the garden.

5 hours ago, MaltRam said:

We have snippets...like for the last weeks of the season Warney had told the recruitment team to focus entirely on Championship quality players. Also that nothing is likely to occur much before July. 

Anyone getting tense should realise it'll be August before the squad is in place. Enjoy the Euros. Get on your holidays. Enjoy the garden.

Singing In The Rain Dancing GIF

8 hours ago, MaltRam said:

I'm sure I saw an interview with him where he said this had been done in January! He's also said that he doesn't expect any movement until June at the earliest.Players on holiday,initial contacts made and under discussion,house moves to be considered ,salaries,tours of Moor Farm etc etc -,these things all take time.I can also remember 2/3 players saying they'd signed for us weeks before announcements were made and ,for me,keeping a tight lid on incomings is the best way.As you say,time to relax and stop fretting about league tables for a few weeks!

4 hours ago, nogbad van 50 said:

I'm sure I saw an interview with him where he said this had been done in January! He's also said that he doesn't expect any movement until June at the earliest.Players on holiday,initial contacts made and under discussion,house moves to be considered ,salaries,tours of Moor Farm etc etc -,these things all take time.I can also remember 2/3 players saying they'd signed for us weeks before announcements were made and ,for me,keeping a tight lid on incomings is the best way.As you say,time to relax and stop fretting about league tables for a few weeks!

You might be happy in the garden having a BBQ, meanwhile some of us will be out here camped out at local estate agents trying to ID incoming talent. WE NEED TO KNOW.

The interview with Warne post Carlisle game was filmed on the Monday after and he said he was meeting a couple of players the day after.  Folks need to chill out and resign themselves to the fact that just because there aren't 25 (reliable) ITK accounts across social media confirming we're in for such & such a player, days or weeks before admin release the announcement video, it doesn't mean everyone is sat at home, picking lint out of the arse crack, doing nothing.  It just means we're really good at keeping our powder dry...

25 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

You might be happy in the garden having a BBQ, meanwhile some of us will be out here camped out at local estate agents trying to ID incoming talent. WE NEED TO KNOW.

I don’t do BBQs but I get your point!👍😅

Just had a glimpse and we are in a playoff spot already,Yahoo 🍾

IMG_0262.png